Subject Author Posted Replies

Plaster
At what temperature does plaster crack?
6

OT - Christmas lights to cover shrubs.
Yeah, like using those strings of 100 lights instead of 100 individual fixtures, each with it's own extension cord.
7
7

This Day in History: Albert Einstein designs a refrigerator
Better known for his contributions to the technology of rapid cooking.
1
1

For all the men who served
I love this country. Thank you for your service. This domain may be for sale!
3
3

Millennials don't have any idea on how to repair homes because
"even the best of stereotyping" - What the heck does that mean? Show your post to your own millennials and ask them if they think it's a big deal. If they don't, have them look up the definition of...
21
21

SALUTE, TO THE VETS
and their families
1
1

Robot mason
There was a thread here a week or so ago about a robot mason and saying it takes weeks to lay the brick in a house. I understand this was block but the Mexicans laid up a 2400 sq/ft house in one day...
5
5

Does PEX pipe sweat like metallic pipe?
For those of you who have PEX pipe in your homes, does PEX pipe sweat like metallic pipe? My guess would be "NO", but that's only a guess. I'm just curious...
3
3

OT - US Postal Service deliveries
Our mail arrived Monday night at about 11pm. Nothing in the mail that woul d explain why it was so late. Our previous mail lady, up until she left ou r route several years ago, arrived between 2 and 3...

Start Building a BOMB SHELTER
Looking at the election results, it's time to start building a BOMB (or Fallout) SHELTER. We will all need them soon..... Some plans are here: The good news, Obama will be in the whitehouse till mid...
1
1

Need to Use Plunger on 1.6 gal Toilet Every 3-4 days.
But first try this simple test. It's the standard way to diagnose if a sluggish toilet is caused by mineral build-up under the rim: Pour a bucket of water into the bowl. If the flush rate is normal,...
21
21

Stump removal - Very Interesting Video
The beauty or TORDON RTU is, one brushes it on the stump with a cheap chipping brush. A relatively miniscule amount will kill the entire root structure of a 70 year old ficus tree fairly quickly....
11
11

Firewood and Poison Ivy/Oak
I've been granted access to a large pile of firewood rounds, free for the taking. I'm pretty sure that there is no poison ivy/oak mixed in with the wood because the pile is right next to where I park...
1
1

Hinge Question
In the old days, a chisel would have been used by a craftsman, or possibly a Stanley #71/#271 (or clone) router plane. A butt-gauge can be used to mark the outline of the hinge. Be very careful to cut...
8
8

Stupidity Award of the week....
Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we...
5
5