Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions which came up only AFTER I drilled a hole in concrete
Yep! :) Most drills today (at least the cordless drills) include an impact setting, and use a standard chuck. But yes, a true impact driver either accepts hex bits, or has a square drive to hold...
78
78

I guess it is time for a new washing machine
The spin cycle stops. I can open the lid and close it again and the spin starts but will only run for a few seconds and stops. I assume this is the motor going bad. Any less expensive solutions?
10
10

OT: 40 High-Speed Tailgaters Idiot Club Have First Meeting of The Season
The northbound lanes of Interstate 75 near Holly, Mich., were shut down on Saturday, December 10, after a large crash involving dozens of vehicles. Approximately 40 cars and three semis were involved.
1
1

OT Toyota mechanics ? OT
there is a Yahoo group with very knowledgeable Toyota techs.. Toyotas I joined it so long ago I don't recall how.. You can figure it out i'm sure. I think it is an email list server, even older than...
18
18

Drier vent plugged at exhaust oulet
I have the same set up you have and I let a neighbor use my dryer and after she cleaned the lint screen she forced it back in and caused it to be bent and that some lent by pass it.
14
14

Gas fireplace
I have a blue flame in gas fireplace and burning of the eyes and nose.
2
2

Shovel Recommendations
Amazon.com : Bully Tools 82515 14-Gauge Round Point Shovel with Fiberglass Long Handle : Garden & Outdoor We spent 21 hours researching, interviewing landscapers, and testing all-purpose shovels to...
19
19

Stylus. How do they work?
Whoosh! ;-)
6
6

OT straps for car seat
I suppose I could go shopping for children's car seats, but it's easier to ask youse guys. How old does a kid half to be before he's able to unbuckle himself from a car seat? Does the typical seat...
1
1

OT tracking
Used to be 13, now it's under 1 lb. I have no clue WTF USPS Retail Ground is. When I looked at the rate for that compared to priority mail for a couple things, it was basically either the same rate or...
13
13

OT a new record for old ?
More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't. I've been on usenet since the early 80's.
4
4

Flex Seal
I used the spray in an attempt to fix a leak below the windshield of a car. Because of limited access to the specific area where the leak was occurring and the amount of rust in the area I was trying...
15
15

Can't find the water leak
One additional thought, is there any landscape irrigation on the property? If so, have you thoroughly examined the pipes and vales?
18
18

Defective Toilets
Some toilets have been found to be leaking from the bottom of the U bend du e to hairline cracks on the ceramic or for being porous due to inadequate g lazing of the ceramic before being kilned. These...
1
1

Installing an outdoor wall sconce.
e: wrote: /202021766) on the exterior of my garage wall, where no light was before lo cated. The garage wall is unfinished concrete block, both interior and ext erior. I already drilled a 1" diameter...
12
12