Subject Author Posted Replies

Turkey Magic
We had a large number of people over for the holiday (Saturnalia) yesterday. We roasted three, 20+ lbs. turkeys, but this year we used a method called "spatchcocking". We did this for a single,...
20
20

my really wierd idea
If the current occupants have not decked out the house with tons of lights, it is probably because (a) they are not Christian, (b) the neighborhood may no longer be predominantly Christian and they...
22
22

What does "urging" a clutch pedal mean versus what is a "treading" force?
What does "urging" the clutch pedal mean? (And what is this "treading" force?) Everyone with a Toyota-4Runner 3rd-generation manual transmission and similar Toyota Tundras and Toyota Tacomas has a...
7
7

window leak/condensation
Hi, I've got a window leak problem, due to condensation and sideways rain. It's a 30yr old porch with glass windows and metal frames. The windows are about 36 by 24. The side facing the outside is a...
4
4

A Christmas Use For Silicone Spray
Happy Saturnalia to all!

Microwave Thumping Sound
I own a 1.4 cubic foot Frigidaire microwave unit. The motor switches direction apparently at random. It's not related to the door opening or closing. Anyway, the unit functions normally when the...
10
10

For unto us a Child is born!
Little Baby Jesus was never called Todd ! John T.
9
9

Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?
If you own a typical 7.25 inch circular saw, I have personally used these Skil brand diamond blades to cut reinforced concrete. It will be far less expensive for you to buy this blade and an A/C...
23
23

TV Problem ?
If it blanks when you are streaming, it is probably the TV. I have a Samsung smart TV and a connection problem causes it to freeze with the picture and the circle thing going around. If that works and...
7
7

OT. Walmart closed?
They will go to their local homeless shelter where they belong.
12
12

Is there a better Beef Steak deal at Costco than this?
Is there a better beef steak deal at Costco than this? I cut off about 4-1/4 pounds of fat, where the result is about sixteen 10-ounce steaks out of the original $75 14-3/4 slab of meat: My kid loves...
29
29

10 year car battery
I was very impressed with the starting battery that came standard in a 2006 RAV4. In 2010 I gave the vehicle to one of my granddaughters. The vehicle had been in the family since it was purchased new....
29
29

Water softener problem
Recently I started noticing a fine gold colored sediment in the sink that o ur water softener drains to during the backwash cycle. It is not a huge am ount but a lot is probably going down the drain....
1
1

What is your opinion on this Shark Tank episode?
2
2

How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?
How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall? Yesterday, for practice in dismounting, patching, and remounting, I patched these 5 tires above, which a friend and I had lying...
60
60