440 Sound Barrier

Our local Menards is now selling Homasote 440 Sound Barrier. Has anybody used this product? What applications? How well did it work? Does it affect the sound it is installed in a room and if so, how? How well does it isolate sound when used in a floor application? Thanks.
-- Mike D.
www.stopassaultnow.org
Remove .spamnot to respond by email
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:06:52 -0500, "Mike Dobony"

I haven't used that particular product but I have use a similar product. They are most effective when used in conjunction with isolation of the material from physical transmission. There should be some information available from the manufacturer on alternatives and decibel reduction levels.