Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Bad Eyedrops, Major Suppliers
<> The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says 68 people in 16 states were diagnosed with infections from the bacteria, which has caused three deaths and eight people to lose their...
1
1

Crack in ceiling at the bottom of first floor shower tray
Hello, I am noticing some cracks on the ceiling under the shower tray of my bathroom on first floor. It sometimes leaks but mostly stays dry. I am not sure if thd cracks are due to leakage but they do...
1
1

OT: Silliest things on Ebay
What's the silliest thing you can find on Ebay? To start you off, a single crisp with one side a different colour. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for pringles crisps. A...
111
111

Precision Robotics
Robots do a lot of repetitive functions very well. This is more singular but very precise
1
1

Spport vs trouring; gauge lighs on Solara
I'm starting out early shopping for a used car and I find that Masda MX-5 Miata has models called grand touring, but some are called sport. Nissan 350Z has models called Touring, grand touring, just...
14
14

Re: OT. California and Electric Trucks
That has gotten a lot better since the new pollution standards have gone into place in the PRC (People's Republic of California) and the old cars have largely been aged out. It has been a very long...

An easier solution
Have you ever wasted loads of time only to find there's an easier answer? I just spent an hour looking through different blinds I could buy to block the light getting into the lounge to keep my parrot...
2
2

Pronouncing decimal numbers
How do Americans pronounce 2.354? Is it two point three five four, or two [pause] three hundred and fifty four? My Google Home does the latter and it's very annoying.
120
120

Samsung dishwasher has drain pump too small to work properly
We have an abysmal Samsung dishwasher on which we have called out PC Richards about a half dozen times in the 9 months since it was installed. Finally yesterday they sent repairman who knew what he...
49
49

Wind turbines used to absorb a power surplus?
An electrician (who I don't believe) told me if there's too much power on the grid, they use wind turbines as fans to absorb extra power. Is this really true? Aren't there plenty of power stations...
783
783

left-handed bats
From a baltimore sun email. OriolesÂ’ left-handed bats hoping to continue forcing tough roster decision This is even more stupid than left-handed drill bits.
7
7

No Bay Area Gas Heaters After 2027?
No new ones anyhow. Electricians will be making more money. I imagine people of limited means will be doing a lot of DIY repair on whatever they have. <>OR. <> If you live in the Bay Area and your...
22
22

Put the ball into the cup
Fun challenge you can do at home

Recap -- Why I don't use t he hand brake.
A few years ago, people gave me a hard time because I usually don't put the hand brake on when I park I figured it out. I learned to drive in Indiana, which is flat as a pancake in most places There...
22
22

Recap - Center instrument lights dont work in day time
Recap - Center instrument lights don't work in day time. We discussed this probably 2 summers ago. I remember that Trader posted. For a 2005 Toyota Solara, with instruments above the radio and the...
11
11