Subject Author Posted Replies

One spider
I have a small spider between my house window and storm window. I am amazed it made it for months. I need to put my ac unit soon. How the fuck does one not care about a spider? So, i want to move it...
5
5

Ping Philo (open)
Just this morning on the new season of Bob Massey the property man on FNC they discussed realtors using them to visualize the offerings. Maybe that might be lead (or not).
2
2

The Dark Side
Good call on the part of Diesel. I've seen that with XP but thus far never with Win7
58
58

Can loosen screw Plumbing
The handle on my sink came off. The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming out, I assume something else...
4
4

Evaporative cooler bearing replacement
Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:sRaIA.9041$ snipped-for-privacy@fx09.iad: "the other bearing failed last summer" Not the one I will be chamging. Sleeve. By the side of cooler. Lots of dirty water splashing...
3
3

No hot water at bathroom sink
In North America for the last 10 years or so pressure balancing faucetes have become popular, but the lower priced stuff still doesn't have PB valves (and none in my house do). I rather doubt the...
6
6

How to get your power mower to go backwards
Every year there is at least one post from someone complaining they cannot move their power mower backwards, so I thought maybe this could stop that action. After releasing the bar/lever that you hold...

can not get gas grill to light
+1. On my previous grill, I had to fabricate screen covers for the venturis. Before that, very ambitious spiders would completely clog the air intakes.
7
7

New propane fireplace insert doesn't fit existing space
We replaced our propane fireplace and now I am left with a 1 1/2 inch gap on either side of the new insert and useless vents above and below it. It looks terrible to say the least, plus, now there is...
5
5

Actual hot water heater
Because they would shoot blue flamers at each other. Thanks for not posting the actual users...
7
7

Spray container problems
I often have this problem - with some weed killer yesterday. Have a container of liquid with a trigger you keep pulling to spray the contents. On my experience. If it works at all it works for a...
5
5

Do you prefer to take baths or showers?
I designed and built our own house back in 2003. It is a single level so there are no stairs we may have trouble climbing when we get older. All of our doorways are 36" wide in case we are ever forced...
7
7

Questions about these house's sink faucet's knobs.
Which doesn't mean anything as the Ckinese have been cpying popular designs for years.
5
5

EWAVE wine cooler getting too cold
nothing in this cooler now, so don't need a temporary cure. I like your thinking, though.
9
9

Annual outdoor A/C compressor maintenance
Had a new service company come out to do spring A/C maintenance on an older single residential system. It didn't register until after the guy left but I'm not sure I saw him hook up any hoses/gauges...
2
2