Subject Author Posted Replies

lift shingles on 20 year old roof?
Hi, any thoughts on whether it's safe to lift shingles to replace an attic fan on a 20 year old roof, NYC suburbs, shingles look fine, very little gra nule loss, single layer of shingles (not 2nd...
8
8

220 volts, anyone
My landlady wanted to watch me change the second receptacle, but time is running out, I sleep until she goes to work, and she gets home late, so I did it myself today and all of a sudden the power...
21
21

Follow-up on landlady problems
Remember I'm not in the USA now: 1) The radio with the bad on-off switch. The first time I plugged it in, it didn't go on until I moved the power-slide switch back and forth several times. Points to a...
5
5

Mattress moves; are Spirits involved?
A number of years ago, before changing to a water bed, our entire bed would move about 18" per month and always in the same direction. The moving force was me changing position...kind of jumping up...
4
4

Any CBS All Access customers here ?
Same here. CBS All Access works great with Amazon Fire TV box but on Windows7 computer (Intel I5 & 8 Gig ram) the video stops/stutters.
3
3

OT: Dilbert and Globaloney
Chuckle http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/05/dt170514.jpg
1
1

Mini lazy susan
You don't take honest criticism too well do you. I'm guessing you're one of those get-a-trophy-for-showing-up snowflakes ;-)
9
9

New Shed
I have not decided what to do with the old conduit/electical from the hot tub that was removed, but got great ideas from all of you. I don't know what they call the roof type, but you may want to look...
21
21

Rain Gutters
they can be very useful if you want to collect and store rainwater or avoid the splash of dirt and erosion (if you don't have a surface which can withstand the drips). we don't have them here, but if...
7
7

Compressor won't cut off after fan does
This is a frigidare 18500 window unit. About 2.5 yrs old. All digital
1
1

storing paint
How can I store latex paint for 1 year + without it going bad?
10
10

Sump pump hole
In a stone and clay crawl space, digging down I hit concrete along the wall? How far from wall should I go through it so as not to risk the foundation footing? I'll have to rent some kind of...
4
4

How to remove Mac viruses, malware and ransomware for free
Mac malware is rare, but it does exist. Discover how to stop malicious software infecting your Mac, and how to remove it safely for free if you get caught out. Mac malware is rare, but it does exist....

Briggs & Stratton lawn mower hard to turn
Are you following the proper startup procedures detailed in the owners manual?
4
4

alternative to Springs Window blinds/?
I have a 65 inch venetian blind which must be about 3-4 years old. when i came to drop the blind, i found that a the string has dried out completely and broken through can anyone recommend a bing...