Subject Author Posted Replies

O.T. Samsung Pixel 6a phone
Does anyone own a Samsung Pixel 6a cell phone? Apps very frequently stop or freeze up. The camera freezes up the most. One message says "Google has stopped." I have to restart the phone around 10...
7
7

Removable toilet seat
My mom had gotten these cool removable toilet seats from Sears ca 1975 that basically had a lengthwise c-section in back, and when you raised the seat it just came off. Can't find same, and the...
7
7

Spindle/Bobbin DIY furniture
In the 1970s they sold these legs/pillars for furniture that screwed together. We made all sorts of cool shelving with them Then no more in 1980s. First, what were they called? manufacturer? Second,...
1
1

Only one per country?
One even low-priced Garmin GPS says that Foursquare is a location based social network and the gps thing includes preloaded 4square points of interest. The 4square page says "Foursquare Places offers...
1
1

How is this anti climb?
Looks really easy to climb this "anti climb" fencing. Buy/hire heavy duty anti-climb Smartweld fencing panels for your next event - ideal for containing or steering crowds. FREE, no obligation quote...
26
26

Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?
I have a centre tapped transformer I wanted to get the most power out of. Thinking a traditional full wave rectifier (just a diode on each side, calling the centre tap 0V at the output) is only...
18
18

Why Do My Farts Smell So Bad?
Stinkier-than-usual farts typically happen because of the foods you eat. You may experience more gas if you have constipation or if you’re taking certain medications. Flatulence, which is sometimes...
10
10

Sod House. Comstock, NE
This one has seen a lot of improvements over the years. <> This former insane asylum in Norfolk now sits empty and abandoned. This former insane asylum in Norfolk now sits empty and abandoned.
5
5

Remodeling Money Losers
So says this self proclaimed expert. <> He doesn't want Deep Purple in the house for goodness sake. In a precarious housing market, many homeowners are looking for ways they can increase their...
5
5

Curiosity #1 House is hot.
Curiosity #1 I have oil heat with forced air. After I retired my sleeping schedule became unscheduled, erratic, and so I stopped using the setbacks and the winter temperature is set for the same thing...
9
9

OT. Store Closures
Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and more. <> is still going after 120+ years. I thought it was long gone. ESPN is laying people off, too. More than 800 retail stores are set to close this year, including...

Robotic Furniture
It's supposed to make better use of small spaces. <> Robotic furniture now allows people to transform residential spaces with the touch of button Robotic furniture now allows people to transform...
2
2

OT. No Camaros
Chevy won't be making them anymore. <> General Motors, which sells the brawny muscle car, said Wednesday it will stop making the current generation early next year. The future of the car, which races...
12
12

Need valve recommedations
Hi All, The fresh water values under my kitchen sink a failed again after about ten years. The cold one leaks pretty bad out the stem when shut off and the hot water is frozen on. I got them from Ace...
18
18

SHIPPING AND SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGE
I spent more than $25 and received free shipping but then there is another charge for "shipping and handling". How can that be? Then they said if I placed another order within 24 hours regardless of...
6
6