40A digital 7 day water heater time switch

Hey,

Anybody know where I can get one of these? I tried home depot and lowes and they just had 24hr mechanical units for about $60.

Thanks

Nick..

Reply to
Nick

home depot to order you one or visit an elect wholesale supply distributor above is 30A,,, do you really need 40A

you might use a irrigation timer as they're inexpensive along with your own

40a contactor wired as the pump start contactor.
Reply to
bumtracks

Thanks for the response, it's to switch a water heater with either Two

3500 watt/240 volt copper elements or Two 4500 watt units. I'm not real familiar with how the power for these are quoted, ie is it 2 x 18.75A, 1 for each heater thus ~40A total or it it only 18.75A total due to the 240V heaters?

Nick

Only one of the 2 heaters is on at any given moment. The upper element is activated only when the so much water has been used so quickly, that the tank will heat only the upper portion until it's satisfied.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here