Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Sears Canada
.. not sure how Sears is doing in the USA - but the once proud retailer has been going downhill for several years here in Canada. Stock trading halted this morning. John T.

OT. Record shot.
Ten seconds seems a little long as muzzle velocity is 2,641 fps according to Wiki. Myth Busters showed if you can see muzzle flash you can duck.
7
7

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving
There has been and always will be natural climate change. It got us out of the Ice Age a few years back. Just my common sense opinion, when you burn millions of tons of fossil fuels, there will be a...
8
8

Lawnmower Left Out In The Rain
I left my lawnmower out in a thunderstorm two days ago and now it won't start. It's a Craftsman "Self Propelled" push model with a Honda engine. Any ideas on how I could get it running again?
4
4

Rust Ring under Turntable of Microwave Oven: Was Over-Watering with Boiling Pasta Water To Blame Or a Messy Roomie?
My roommate has been using our landlord's microwave in the common area to boil her pasta (in a 1 Qt t-ware plastic bowl for 20 minutes approx. 1-2 times per week for the past year. /(IMO, I think it's...
18
18

Sharing my DIY AC repair Run Capacitor replacment
I have an older York unit. The compressor began to have trouble starting. The lights would dim momentarily and the condenser fan would run, but the compressor would cycle on the overload klixon. After...

Anybody make yard tools with AC motors that don't have plastic brush holders?
I need a new electric lawn edger. No, I don't have anywhere to store a gas one. EVERY yard tool I've bought has a universal AC motor with brush holders made out of plastic. They inevitably overheat...
7
7

Do I need to add oil to my new condenser/compressor unit?
I just installed a new dry condenser/compressor 3.5 ton unit. It uses R-22 Freon. I silver soldered the tubes in and charged the system and it works good, but was thinking with a dry unit (not...
1
1

Broken valve seat
Leaking hot water faucet. It's not the washer..I'm guessing it's the valve seat? How do I get it out? Hardware stores only sell square and hex shaped tools and mine is round.
5
5

OT - Guy Wire Length
"1.5" ?
57
57

What is indoor/outdoor power supply for A/C?
On Tue 20 Jun 2017 06:44:27a, Taxed and Spent told us... Many installations use 220v power mounted on the outside of the house and connect to the compressor outside. The evaporator itself (mounted...
10
10

Fridge in-line water filter
Compression fittings can be finicky at times. The slip on fittings shown on the filter actually work very well. I used it on copper. At work we used them on plastic lines and had probably 1500+ of...
11
11

OverHead Door model 455
Most large capacitors are not made to very close specifications. So the 36-43 MFD should be fine. You did not mention what kind of opener you have as far as the operation type. Chain, screw or some...
4
4

Daddiooooh!
Thank you! :-)
11
11

ADA outdoor handrail material
I have an outdoor handicap ramp with a wooden handrail which just broke. What are your thoughts on what material to replace it with? PT wood, composite, metal?
7
7