Subject Author Posted Replies

California to list glyphosate as cancer-causing; Monsanto vows fight
There's a lot of seed corn raised in my area. Farmers tell me the seed companies use salt water to kill it off prior to picking. It's harvested ear and all then hauled to the seed plants where it's...
2
2

OT: In U.K., All 75 Buildings Tested So Far for Fire Safety Have Failed
This is simply a disgrace. Considering the great lengths the UK goes to in order to provide healthcare for it's citizens, having such inferior building codes is shameful. In U.K., All 75 Buildings...
1
1

Prehung door doesn't close properly
We had a handy man install a prehung door for us. He had to cut some of the frame, and used shims all over. The door hits near the latch and closer to the bottom. The door has had foam sealant put in...
6
6

Want to save ebay ad for car I bought
I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!, so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as, which is supposed to save every little part of a...
39
39

Ping: Storin' Norman
Re: Shade Sail David and I have looked through all of our house files and have not been able to find any of the paperwork on the shade sail. That's unusual for us, as we keep all documents of major...
1
1

basement floor
Ice & xnow builds up on the ground and forms an ice dam - perhaps from foot traffic - even if only a few inches deep - it might affect the natural run-off during the springtime melts - creating a...
31
31

Plat Coordinates "(Typical)"?
I am studying a surveyor's map of the neighborhood where I live. The map is on record at the County Clerk's and is known as "the Plat" for my neighbor hood. For some of the patios, it notes...
25
25

Grenfell Tower cause
The cause was a simple fire that should have been easy to contain and stop. We often complain about regulations, but they would have saved lives here. Looks like most of the world does not allow...
18
18

Ping: Stormin' Norman
I would be happy to answer your questions about the shade sail but somehow I lost your post after I read it. My newsreader doesn't allow for retrieving already read posts. Could you please repost it?...
17
17

One less thing
That I need to do . Today I picked up a slightly used 2.5 gallon point of use water heater , and got it installed under the house right below the kitchen sink . The sink/dishwasher are far enough from...
6
6

Can a chimney be cleaned from the top only?
My fireplace has an insert in it that fills the entire fireplace with heavy plate steel. No way to get at the flue. Can this chimney be cleaned without removing the insert? -dan z-
4
4

intermittant leak at water heater
Kenmore gas water heater installed 1/10/17. No dents or obvious external damage to the tank. Everything worked fine for 5 months. Leaked last night. Steady drip, say one half gallon per minute,...
5
5

Pool pump
We have had around 4 inches of rain over last 12-13 hours on top of a bunch over the last couple of months. Today my pool pump has decided to trip the ground fault breaker. When the pump is off,...
2
2

OT - motorcycle inventory Davidson goes to heaven
An inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the pearly gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have...
1
1

OT: Stupid bar stools!
Yesterday, I stumped a toe on the stool in the kitchen. I didn't really hit it that hard, but it hurt so much I thought I was going to cry. I babied it a while, and it finally quit hurting. A couple...
18
18