40 year old Western Holly Stove - lift top

I need to release the top of the stove to have access to the pilot gas feed lines. Is there a lever or catch that must be moved to release the top metal so it can be raised to see the gas pilot feed lines?
Thank you, Dave_s
Dave_s wrote:

There are several "how-to" tips on this site, along with a phone number: http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/pages/controlpanel.html
I would pick a picture from the site that looks most like your stove and give them a call. If that fails, I would call someone with similar stove for sale and ask them.
If you take out the burners and grates and see no release lever anywhere, it seems it should either lift off, or lift with some combination of sliding.....is there a lot of crud down inside that could make it stick?