40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home. Family of 2 adults + 2 children

sounds like a foreign unit. Won't have it.

S. Barker

I live in the kansas city area. most the lines are between 28 and 36 inches. My incoming is about 36 degrees in january. I only know this because i have a darkroom, and it is sometimes hard to temper water to 100 degrees for hours on end.

S. Barker
'till now and forever. s

Reply to
S. Barker

I'm sure the citizens of CA and HI will be amused to hear that.

Be that as it may, the AAA national average for regular unleaded is now $3.386; mid-grade and premium are $3.596 and $3.725 respectively. Diesel is selling for $4.119.

Crude oil is currently trading in excess of $113.50 a barrel and if the EIA's inventory numbers fall again tomorrow we can expect more turmoil in the oil markets. Refiners are not in the business to lose money, so either wholesale gasoline prices will rise or they'll simply cut back on production -- either way, retail prices will increase to reflect the higher cost of this more expensive crude.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

"S. Barker" wrote in message news:HKGdneUOuN5KTJnVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I live in Shawnee

Reply to
Glenn

Oh, I see, I didn't understand your position. You're giving advice on a newsgroup that has readers from all over North America, and a number from other continents, but you're giving advice based on what's happening in your backyard. Why didn't you say so? It would have saved us all a lot of time.

As far as the price of a gallon of gas, I'm seeing northwards of $3.50 for the cheap stuff, and going as high as $3.70. Considering the total clusterf that's going on with the economy and the exchange rate, I think you're a very optimistic man. More power to you!

RicodJour

te:

..

T water. =EF=BF=BDNot

nd especially

Yea well if you posted any fact I would not be pissed you senile old f*ck

Reply to
ransley

rote:

m...

HOT water. =EF=BF=BDNot

And especially

I see you managed to sneak internet access again:(

Reply to
hallerb

Only a few farmers from the Wizard of Oz live in Kansas, its hardley a place gasolene prices matter compared to LA, Chicago or NY, I mean Kansas WTF. OK im BSn,,, but its all near 4 a gallon , and Barker is still full of shit, as he has always been ....a man of no facts, just bs mam.

Reply to
ransley

com...

e HOT water. =EF=BF=BDNot

=BD And especially

Post a truth hallerb, then I will be happy.

Reply to
ransley

with a tankless you would have no issues "Tempering" water to 136 , it might even helpfully [for us ] ruin the film, why even bother with film these days, what a waste it is and always has been , Film.

Reply to
ransley

$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San Diego. At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary accommodation". The dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay more dollars for the same amount of oil.

Reply to
Walter R.

Boy Barker lives in a time warp, the average price of mid to high grade in CA just hit an avg of 4$ a gallon with oil at $114 a barrel, anyway who lives or cares about Kansas`s prices, I mean how many people live in Kansas, well not many, as I read it.

Dumb Ass Doggie S. Barker from dog cans ass, can`t read, he always barks bs when he posts.

Way to go SB

Reply to
ransley

te:

..

T water. =EF=BF=BDNot

nd especially

Yea I rant when with senile idiots like you post total BS

Reply to
ransley

But just 16 months ago, many of us were paying just over $2.00 a gallon in many areas.

Greenspan's "monetary accomodation" began in the late 90's and continues today. So why the CURRENT price surge, and why did it take so long to hit home?

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Not a time warp. Just a normal place. You can't call the west coast a normal place. Everything is three to ten times higher than it should be out there. You should be thankful the gas is not $12 a gallon.

S. Barker

Crude oil is now trading in excess of $116.00 a barrel and according to this news item the DOE is forecasting $4.00 gasoline in many parts of the U.S. in the coming weeks -- the national average price for regular unleaded currently stands at $3.445, up another 2.7 cents today.

Source:

With regards to natural gas, the Nymex Henry Hub price is up 6 per cent this week, trading at $10.59 per MM BTU -- this price has

*doubled* in the past eight months alone. With further expected declines in conventional and LNG imports, and as we start to move into the hot summer months when utilities run their gas generators flat out to meet increased air conditioning loads, we can expect even greater upward pressure on price.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

This Bloomberg news item just came over the wire. It tells us Goldman Sachs has revised its forecast for natural gas prices this coming winter to $13.00 per MM BTU, up from $10.50 -- a 24 per cent increase over their previous estimate. Don't be surprised if this projection gets ratcheted-up further if we have another hot summer and storage levels remain below their five-year historical averages.

If you haven't already taken steps to reduce your home's energy demands, I wouldn't advise putting it off much longer.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Great information, not sure it belongs in this discussion.

My house produces more electricity than I consume and my higest gas bill last winter was $80.00

Think and do Whole House Performance, if your contractor is not ask him/her why not, then show your support by hiring their competition that does.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Energy

Hi Andy,

I've taken this conversation way off-course, but the key point to take away is that the era of cheap energy is rapidly coming to a close and that most of us are ill-prepared to make the transition. And it's not just a matter of cost -- we need to prepare ourselves for a supply situation that could be far more chaotic than in the past and that could potentially affect our lives in ways most of us can't even begin to imagine. We're already starting to see evidence of this elsewhere in the world and it would be naive and, indeed, arrogant to believe we're somehow immune from all this given that, for the most part, we're at the tail-end of the supply chain. Keep a close eye on the natural gas market -- the next couple of years are going to be rather interesting.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge