40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home. Family of 2 adults + 2 children

Yea alot of Morons out there, let them go learn, the expensive way.

Reply to
ransley

...[snip]...

How on earth did I ignite such a thread? Sorry to all involved....had no idea... :)

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

dont feel bad its happened before and will again, and is far better than the spam currently flooding here...........

tankless is a hot button here............

Reply to
hallerb

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said something like:

Well, I've been in usenet since 1995, so I've accidentally stumbled into my share of fire hazzards, but it still warranted a comment I thought.

So which is better, tanked or tankless?

(j/k, author runs for cover.... :) )

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,392:

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed...

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently,

4 to complain that they were happy with the old one,

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs,

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs,

53 to flame the spell checkers,

156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list,

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames,

109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb,

203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped,

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list,

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty,

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs,

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs,

12 to flame the AOL users for violating netiqutte and blame them for starting this whole thing,

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that "are relevant to this list, which makes light bulbs relevant to this list,"

45 posts about weather or not AOL should even be allowed to exist,

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too,"

12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy,

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three,"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ,

1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup,

47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, leave it here, and

143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Still hanging on to that belief? Based on your link it's gone up sixty or seventy cents per gallon in less than two months. Your powers of prognostication are wanting.

RicodJour

Paging Mr. S Barker. Mr. Barker to the courtesy phones.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

ng $4

And now how much higher is it going?

Reply to
ransley

It's easier to point out the want of prognostication powers in others than to have the power yourself. ;)

RicodJour

I don't think anyone can give you a good answer. However, one thing to note is that the crack spread as shown below has all but disappeared, so if refinery margins eventually return to normal levels (and if that doesn't happen soon, many refiners will go out of business), gas will be selling between $4.30 and $4.50 a gallon. In California, regular unleaded is already in the range of $4.45 to $4.50 and it's likely just a matter of time before the rest of the country follows suit.

Crude oil jumped almost eleven dollars a barrel on Friday and that came on the heels of some five and a half dollars the day before. Many in the industry believe $150.00 a barrel is just weeks away, so in the absense of a world-wide recession, expect continued upward pressure.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Still quite a ways from $4. $3.65 friday nite. hollar at me when we see the $4.....

S. Barker

Still here..... Still $3.65 a gallon.

S. Barker

$3.58 Friday and Saturday until about noon. Hit $3.77 at the cheap stations by Saturday afternoon. I've been afraid to go out today.

Reply to
DanG

Or $4.19 if you happen to fill-up at the Sinclair station at 75th and State Line. But that's hardly the point, given my comments were with respect to the **national** average.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

In my town, gas is $4.33 and heating oil is $4.50

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Depends on state taxes. Gas running (E10) 3.72$ most places. Used to be almost everyone was same price but now we are getting 5-10cent shifts within a mile of each other.

Reply to
cshenk

I pay 4.36, regular, I hope its not as some say, near 5 by 4th of july, this is the making for a long big recession especialy to hurt the lower class, I already see very bad effects.

Reply to
ransley

*will be?* it already is, here. just filled up, regular was $4.03; premium was over $4.30.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hi Nate,

The national average is currently a hair over $4.00, with some areas thirty or forty cents above or below. Again, as higher crude prices make their way through the system and as refiners work to restore margins, the national average should continue to move closer to $4.30 or $4.50 a gallon. Throw in a hurricane or two or war in the Middle East and, well, all bets are off.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Many of us have already cut back in other areas in anticipation of the next season home heating. At today's prices, I'll be paying an extra $1700 over the last year. That has to come from cutting back in other areas, like eating out, vacation, wear those shoes a little longer. I'd cut back on haircuts, but I eliminated them about three years ago.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski