4" PVC pipe to old metal pipe

I have to replace an old cracked black 4" septic iron pipe with a new 4" PVC pipe, and I'm struggling with how to get the connectors to fit. Say I cut out the 10' piece and push the PVC 10' piece up there, but now I can't get the 4" rubber pipe clamps into the connecting point. Anyone got an idea for this? Can the rubber pipe clamp be forced down the PVC pipe a few inches without damaging it?
Bert Byfield wrote:

Pipe is likely cast iron. You *may* be able to Sawzall it. Renting a "snap cutter" is another choice.
One end of the CI pipe has a "hub" on it; I assume you will be cutting one or more hubs out so you have plain pipe to deal with.
Yes, you can slide the No-Hub rubber insert http://www.fernco.com/NH.html
back over the PVC. Slide the stainless band out of the way. The section you cut out should be a hair over 10Ft, maybe 1/2" longer. That will leave room for the raised edge inside the rubber coupling.
Be sure to support the new pipe adequately with compacted fill.
Jim
I should have said that "Mission-style" rubber couplings are more commonly used underground as they afford more flexibility than No-Hubs. These have 2 clamps and no sleeve.
Any cut pipe ends should be dressed to remove sharp edges which may cut the rubber.
Jim

I'm retired, so a metal-cutting sabre saw will have to do it.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
Bert Byfield wrote:

Do yourself a favor and rent a snap cutter.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Bert Byfield wrote:

The rubber connectors I have seen allow you to fold one side down over itself and then unfold it once the pipe is in place. Is that your question?
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math