4 foot bathtub

The other half wants a linen cabinet in the bath room. The only way to achieve space for a 15 inch wide 83 high cabinet is to make the tub shorter. American Standard still makes a 4 foot tub. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/ProductNew.asp?prodID#7 My question is it worth installing a 4 tub with shower?
Thanks TP

Depends on your priorities. I've never used the tub in our house preferring a shower. Others may prefer to bath in a tub, but a 4' is not one for relaxing and soaking. If you are considering resale value, you need both.
I'd rather have a 4' kick ass multi head shower than a tub.

only bathroom in the house you or the next owner may wish to bathe a child in a tub. And sometimes a soak even in a short tub is better than no tub at all.
Bottom line; if you just have the one bath, do the short tub. I actually own a house with a 4 foot tub/shower and renting it has never been a problem. An apartment that I formerly owned with just a shower was sometimes a problem.
Colbyt
I forget the brand but during a recent visit to a showroom I saw some "Japanise style" tubs that were short and very deep like a hottub. Might be a problem getting in and out when used as a shower though. There were also some other compromises like a shower stall unit with integrated steam bath and 12" deep footbath with wirlpool jets and curved glass doors (very nice for an all in 1 unit). Look in a showroom if you have one. Often they get stuck with odd shaped units that they will sell for less $. They had shapes and styles I didn't know existed.