4 and 3/8 inch bathroom tile

If it's just a few, buy some 6" tiles and cut them down to size...

DJ

Reply to
DJ

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out to 4

3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

Is it possible that this size is not made anymore? The house is 21 years old. I guess I thought HD would have the best selection. My Google search has not turned up an online store that might have these yet. I thought someone might point me the right direction and save me some time. Thanks.

Reply to
workinprogress

I run into this all the time. It is almost impossible to find the larger tiles especially in the correct color, even when you go to a tile supplier. The only place that I have found them is in white, and that was leftover stock at a tile supplier. (Forget HD for anything except the most profitable items.)

When we HAVE to replace just a few tiles, we just use the smaller tile and the owner (who is the one who doesn't want to replace the whole shower surround) lives with the slightly wider grout lines.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Thanks for the info, not what I wanted to hear though.

Not that it's constructive to think about this but I still can't help but wonder why in the world there would be an industry wide change in these plain vanilla bathroom tiles to go from 4 3/8" to 4 1/4".

6" - 8" or 12" tiles I can understand, it's an asthetic difference in size but to go down 1/8" seems pointless. Unless it's a conspiracy to force people buying hundreds more tiles then they otherwise would have.
Reply to
workinprogress

You can have tiles custom made in any size you want. It will cost more money and take more time, but you can get them. The big problem is matching the existing color.

Dimitri

Reply to
D. Gerasimatos

In case this will help anyone else - I found the 4 and 3/8 inch tiles. They are made by "Florida Tile". I went to a specialty tile store locally, they didn't carry them but knew what they were. They sent me to another tile store which deals only with contractors but does sell Florida Tile. I got the color code/name from them and they gave me the name of a contractor to order it through.

Reply to
workinprogress

replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote: omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for the 4

3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks
Reply to
Chris

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in the rehab.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Can't we get the name of the manufacturer off the box?

Reply to
micky

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Lex wrote: Sorry to hear about that injury, I hope the guy pulls thru. I have found a box of 4-3/8" tiles in my building if you still need some. Got White gloss, Beige gloss, Beige matte. Thanks

Reply to
Lex

replying to Lex, Lynne wrote: I am looking for beige gloss 4-3/8" tiles. Do you still have them? Please let me know. Thank you.

Reply to
Lynne

replying to Lex, Greg wrote: HI Lex, Do you still have the 4 3/8 tiles? I can use White and beige. Thanks

Reply to
Greg

replying to Lex, Greg wrote: Hi Lex, Do you have 4 3/8 white or beige matt? Thanks

Reply to
Greg

replying to Lex, chris wrote: I am looking for white gloss, 4-3/8"-21 Square feet and end caps (12 lineal feet)

Reply to
chris

chris posted for all of us...

Good luck with that.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Lex, Karen Maywa wrote: Hi Lex, I am searching around for Florida tile beige #2 gloss 4-3/8. Do you have anymore? My name is Karen and my contact number is 954-305-2018.

Reply to
Karen Maywa

replying to Lex, Wanda wrote: I would love to have the beige matte. I just need 15 tiles

Reply to
Wanda

Wanda posted for all of us...

Yeah well, I just need $15 million.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Tekkie®, JT wrote: Hope I'm not stating the obvious her but have all you searchers tried matchmytile.com or kingofthrones.com? Huge selection of vintage Florida tile, and others. Didn't find the white with green speckles tile I need but maybe you'll have better luck.

Reply to
JT

What is the contractor name and contact information? Thanks!

Reply to
Chaneypaper