3in1 Oil Stinks

Why do they have to put that God awful perfume smell in 3in1 Oil? I put it in the garage because I could not stand the odor in the house. Now everytime I walk in the garage I smell it. (even with the cap on). I guess it's going outside under a pail now. Cant they just make plain non-scented stuff? The last time I used it, I oiled my wash machine, now thats all I smell near the washer. On second thought, I think I'll just toss it in the trash and go buy a pump oil can and a quart of the thinnest oil I can find.
Harold
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:18:03 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

Why would you put it in the trash when you can give it to someone who can use it? If none of your neighbors want it, put in a used ziploc bag and put it in the car and when you see a yard sale on a Sunday, etc. give it to them and they will sell it for a dime to someone who actually wants it.

snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

Capped it tight?

Yep, but it runs down the bottle and the stink is there. Besides this bottle has an extension spout and that dont make a 100% perfect seal.

that extension spout was a real bad idea, but I have never noticed it smelling bad.
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

Never noticed any odor but I'll give it a sniff tomorrow and will try to be offended.

To each his own. I kinda like it.
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote in news:ofnva39k93n9uddbppv8mlsi9889ma9b75@ 4ax.com:

"One man's junk..."
I like the smell. Latex paint smells OK too. My belly button stinks though.
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

That 'product' really shouldn't be used for anything... it's famous for gumming up everything it gets near.
I'm with you, the stuff does stink. I use PB Blaster from Napa, which also smells, but not as bad.
You can get ND-30 at many auto stores, put it in a pump oiler. Essentially no smell at all.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

You got the "ladies" version. Used for sewing machines, scissors, etc.

I kinda like the smell of it.

Marketing. Product identity. Otherwise it's just mineral oil. You may not like it (I don't either), but that's what makes it "special" in the consumer's mind.
Same deal with adding that coconut smell to WD-40, otherwise it's just kerosene.
Medicine that tastes bad tends to be perceived as more potent or effective.