3HP snowthrower trouble.

I have a TORO 3 HP gas powered snowthrower. It works alright most times. But if the snow is too thick and I stall it its impossible to restart it under any choke setting or squeeze bulb fuel injection (or lack thereof). It will restart if left alone overnight. I have already cleaned/ stripped the carb and spark plugs.
Some quirks. The gas:oil ratio is 1:40. If richer it won't start. It will run onkly at 1/2 choke. Won;t run if no choke.
Any suggestions?
If it only runs on choke the mixture screw is set to lean try a 1/2 turn out, counter clock, for a start. Set it by getting it to rev-run as fast as it will by adjusting the screw, then remove the choke and keep adjusting till it runs best, then back off a bit. You are probably flooding it on restart, pull the plug to see. it should run on 32-1 fine.