3HP Briggs & Stratton choke not working

I have an older Tru-Test snow thrower with a 3HP Briggs & Stratton moto

on it. The only way that I can get the unit to start, everytime is t unscrew the spark plug, pour in a shot of gas, and put the plug bac in. It will start everytime this way. It appears that the manua choking system is not working. I am not an expert on Briggs & Stratto equipment and I am not sure where to start investigation

-- combs

Reply to
combs

One other thing to check. Sometimes on snow blowers, the gasket between the carb and the engine goes bad. Dries out or whatever. I've had a case where the choke was fine, but air was getting in through the gasket.

If you can't find a replacement, just give it a light coat of Permatex #2 non hardening gasket sealer, and put it all back together.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Look in the carburator throat, there is a circular disk that swivels , find it and the attached link, it may have come off or be jammed, make sure it closes on ckoke and opens on run.

Reply to
m Ransley