Subject Author Posted Replies

What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?
Thank you for that article, where the 3 main takeaways are... "If the wheel diameter increases by one inch, the height of the tire should decrease accordingly to compensate, in order to keep the...
157
157

OT, Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are a lot of fun! I have some of those downloaded onto my tablet, but, they aren't as much as a challenge as some other games out there.
6
6

Outlet And Switch Grounding In The Metal Wall Box ?
As long as the device is listed for use that way, that's correct, it's self-grounding when installed in a metal box.
9
9

Wired/Wireless
+2 My house was prewired as part of the building contract and there still wasn't enough. I am sharing a cat5e for telephone and internet to the main TV. Plus, it would have been nice to have a few...
29
29

Generating electricity
Does anyone watch "Horizon" from the BBC? In one of their latest shows they have a glider attached to roll of string that is using wind power to pull the string connected to a generator. It says it...
2
2

Soda Blasting
Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property. I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut...
6
6

Do the Toyota Camry headlight polishers actually work well?
Its a matter of perspective. As a kid in school, I'd go with a polish/restoration kit As an adult with a decent job I'd go with new lenses. As an adult with a very good income I'd opt for a new car.
33
33

New Water Heater & a LONG Cautionary Tale
+1 In a modern house with multiple ones, it can take some time to locate which one is beeping. My beef is I've seen new ones that are AC wired with battery backup where the things start chirping in...
33
33

Mice Between Floors
They are in my two-story townhome. I hear them when I am downstairs. Also o ne of the cats has been observed in stalking mode in the kitchen for hours at night. I plan to address this via a light...
4
4

No cash accepted
Clear glas must be clear. When our town started recycling at the dump they has a container for clear, another for colored. One colored bottle would contaminate a big container of clear. There was...
59
59

why is my mobile home furnace kicks on even though the thermostat is set to low and the cool/heat switch st to off
my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the thermostat is set to low and switch set to off
1
1

Wall switch won't turn off bathroom ceiling fan
Replace the switch.
4
4

Flame Weeding: Why Not Burn Them Until They're Gone?
... nobody eats them or are they inedible to people? mow them repeatedly. they'll go away. smother them also would likely work. clear plastic over them, if the area gets any sun that would likely fry...
15
15

Solution found to electrical smell in the air
A while back I mentioned something about an issue where I could smell something electrical in the air. It was discussed as maybe being ozone in the air or something wrong with the wiring. We could...
1
1

Wave tower and 'portable' air purifier
I have had both the installed Wave system (the tower) and the stand-alone air purifier since last August (2016). Since that time I have developed mildew on basement furniture, a prevailing odor of cat...
6
6