Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Solid state relay switching others
I use SSRs a lot. You do need a little bit of a resistive load to make them turn off reliably but 15w of incandescent light seems to work OK. Typically they look like a 1000 ohm resistor so at 5v they...
15
15

Burning particle board waste for heating
Re burning particle board in wood heate/stove: --reading earlier forums, one or two posts approached the hazard issue constructively. We know that urea formaldahyde, phenolic binding resin is used in...
2
2

A real, serious plumbing problem! advice -- legal.
Oren posted for all of us... I have now read all the replies and still feel for you... I would go in through the wall, that way you have access to all the plumbing; controls, support, valves, drains....
3
3

Exterior Stain or Paint?
Yes, and even though we are quite close to the Pacific ocean, we have very few problems with rust. UV rays are becoming more and more of a problem however, so wood is becoming less and less desireable...
8
8

Falling through plasterboard
> Frank"
9
9

Seattle lacks AC
Only a third of the housing units in Seattle have ac. I wonder and yet it was you that immediately went to guns
5
5

Sticky Garden Hose (2023 Update)
Not sure if you are asking a question. I buy 3/4" x 100ft goodyear rubber hoses.
15
15

Ammonia vs TSP , before painting garage floor
I think there is 'real' TSP and the one that leaves out the phosphate. The 'real' TSP may not evenbe sold in some areas.
2
2

PING: Danny D.
Danny, How did that suspended aerial walkway between trees, that you were working on a few years ago, turn out? The reason I ask is that a friend is planning something similar.

empty/partially-empty cans of Ginger Ale
Bob, I forgot to add, as with all of the "issues" you post in the group, I for one, would appreciate if you would follow up with the resolution to each one. It is somewhat less than satisfying trying...
2
2

Suggestions on an EMTA Docsys 3 modem for a college kid at her 1st apartment
Comcast did not explain to these kids that the plan actually cost 40% more per month than they advertised! Notice the deceitful arbitrary "fees"! I found a better $30 Comcast plan for the kids, sans...
13
13

Black and Decker electric leaf/yard air blower stopped
Dear friend, I'm a lifelong dumpster diver and have seen so many weed whack ers and blowers in the dumpsters. The ones I tried to fix, it happened, th ere was nothing wrong with the switches or wires....
9
9

OT Universal Basic Income
The whole point of this new system is that you won't have to "work" selling your food stamps to get your cash. Save you a step.
2
2

Machinist's tools?
Yes, I usually use Phillip's head so I can use my drill
14
14

Lifetime free label removal on home jars works 99% of times
Found great lifetime way works 99% to 100% of times that is almost free. |1| Soak jar in water (usually a day works ok, rarely longer, often shorter) |2| Scrape label off with butter knife or fork or...
1
1