Subject Author Posted Replies

Dexron II or III always confuses me especially when all I have is VI
This is one of the best videos out there for tire repair! This Tire Industry Association repair video surprisingly, uses a separate patch and plug, but they cover things that most videos don't,...
18
18

Broken Kitchen Cabinet Shelf Supports - Removing Stems
...then replace with metal supports.
15
15

trying to make a nylon butterfly catcher with a recloseable top
I know this is a ng for home repair, but from time to time I have posted other areas and gotten some nice replies. Since I am stumped with the following issue, maybe someone has some suggestions as to...
1
1

Installing 3" Screws in Door Frame
I have a ANSI 3-rated deadbolt, and I want to add 3" screws to the strike p late. The deadbolt, and locking knob was installed last week, but they onl y used 2" screws for it. I want longer screws,...
9
9

Source for generic wet / dry vac filters
How often do you change filters? I've had the washable for probably 15 years now. The cost per year is much less. Low price is not always the best value.
14
14

WG291 WORX 56V 24" Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer
If you've been wanting a cordless hedge trimmer but have been putting it off, there is one on ebay for $107.99 after labor day discount. I ordered one today. It's a 56 volt which ought to be plenty of...

installing gas lines to pool heater
Replace the pipe right before the spigot with a longer piece. Add a piece from the coupler to the gas insert. xisting work. elbow joint (or tee), run a pipe down to another elbow joint and to the lef...
19
19

Air vent cover replacements
I have floor vents thoughout my mobile home for a heating system I no longer use - propane is WAY WAY too expensive. The grill- like vent covers are a PITA, I too often get a shoe caught on one. I'd...
5
5

Telephone with a corded handset
This got me thinking, why would anyone want a business phone system that uses corded handsets? It would seem that cordless is more convenient, you can be talking to someone and go get something you...
46
46

How can we tell our drive was actually properly slurry sealed
The date is 31/08/2017 06:13 We had what seems like a reputable paver walk the drive with some of us, and he recommended a few things, but otherwise said the slurry is OK. This second paver...
28
28

Is this Ryobi bandsaw good?
I hate to interrrupt the politics with a home repair question, but I don't know where else to ask. Do you have experience with and/or how would you describe the Ryobi 9?" bandsaw: It's for sale not...
2
2

Sudden ooze from ceiling crack
Has it rained recently? A roof leak can find its way down and show up in some unexpected areas. The surface tension can cause the water to follow joists and other parts of the structure until gravity...
6
6

percentages
in a 13 week quarter and a baseline of 62.7% what would be my weekly average needed to achieve a 2% shift?
2
2

OT How to spend 20 minutes
How to spend 20 minutes. I want to look into Verizon optical cable, FIOS, so I google and get to a webpage, which has Option 2 Build you own [plan] Sounds great. I try that. It wants my address so I...
3
3

Cajun Navy
A volunteer group with boats is going to Texas to help with rescue. From USA Today: or Of course there's some government type that wanted to get involved. From the article: "In spite of a state...
2
2