Subject Author Posted Replies

gate adjustment
The gate to my back yard is not lining up properly and the latch will not close without lots of manipulation. There are photos at the below link. This used to work nicely before but in the past six...
15
15

Paint to use on the lip of the inside of dryer??
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint. Looks like it got scratched some how. It's right when you open the dryer door, and it's right in front of the vent tray on the white...
8
8

OT: Hurricane Maria - Science Deniers Should Skip This One
Hurricane Research Div, NOAA. TCFAQ E11) How many tropical cyclones have there been each year in the
66
66

Hoover Steam-vac spin brush motor smoking.
*_Hoover steamvac f5914900 smoking from top._* My brushes stopped rotating i believe while my partner was using our Hoover steam-vac spinbrush with that extra solution button on handle. I started...
3
3

Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) ???
Google and Amazon are failing me here. Any of you guys know of a USA source of Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) plants or fertile seeds? (Foreign sources get irradiated by customs and arrive very much...
1
1

HD antenna installation question
I'm thinking of installing an HD antenna either in the attic or on the roof to be rid of cable video. However I'm wondering if I can hook up the antenna to the existing coax in the attic that runs to...
4
4

What is the chemical force that makes common household glues work
None of these form bonds except maybe weak hydrogen bonds with the hydroxyls in wood and the glue. Makes it sort of a solvent situation where the glue penetrates the wood fibers, just like when you...
7
7

Correct VIN?
Yep. Would have saved me a major problem once when I memorized where my car was with regard to the door but on return could not find it because a took a /different/ door!
63
63

British bicoins
From the [once-Manchester [England]] Guardian: "[The value of a bitcoin] has more than quadrupled in value since December, hitting about $4,700 last month before falling back. It fell by about 5%...
2
2

my swamp cooler motor keeps running and will not shut down.
my swamp cooler motor keeps running and will not shut down. the only way I have to stop it is to shut off the breaker. What is wrong? the pump or the wiring plug?
1
1

Built for bottleneck: Is Florida growing too fast to evacuate before monster storms?
storylink=cpy I evacuate a few times a day depending on what I eat. Fiber helps. ? ?(?)? [8~{} Uncle Moving Monster
2
2

Is Shoe Goo goop really just gasoline and styrofoam?
Someone told me we can make our own Shoe Goo goop with gas & peanuts. Anyone tried it? Does it work?
7
7

OT? What is a driveshaft bolt?
  Sometimes ... often the front end has a splined sleeve that slides over a matching splined shaft and the back end is attached to the axle with u-bolts . There WILL be a splined joint somewhere in...
3
3

Roofing contractors
Did they come out and look at it? Inspect your house? I've heard of things like this but in 52 years of owning houses, I've never had anyone look at anything. But I'm also a good looking guy that is...
34
34

Good q . Wh.
Standing at sink waiting for hot for 15 seconds give or take. Basement heat er is 35 feet away. Is it worth my Time to move it under the kitchen sink? An hour? Save any cash? Maybe move it between...
17
17