Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot tub leak testing
Hot tub has a leak, stop leak won't fix it so time to remove the skirt and start the hunt. Loaded the tub with 4 bottles of food grade dye after topping up the water, pulled the filter and let it run....
1
1

cleaning cloth seats in vehicle
Borrowed a car for a the weekend as mine went in the shop on friday. Mine are all leather seats but this is a cloth seat. I just want to clean it for my friend before I return it. What do you use at...
25
25

Making new keys for a 2005 Toyota
I get conflicting stories about making additional keys for my 2005 Toyota. The Amazon page that sells keyblanks says I can't do it myself, need a locksmith or dealer. But googling for instructions, I...

OT - Chicken and Egg question
Start with a virgin hen. After she has sex with a rooster, how long does it take before her eggs show signs of fertilization (beginning of an embryo) when candled?
4
4

lawn mower recommendations
I need a new lawn mower. Consumer Reports says Toro is a better option than Troy-Bilt due to its reliability. My current Toro is on its last legs and I've been patching it up over the years to keep it...
26
26

Grom Audio, adding USB and Bluetooth to your car radio
I'm thinking of installing a Gromaudio device that, if your car radio has a CD changer input jack, allows for USB input, AUX input from a cellphone, and for another $50 Bluetooth use of the cellphone...
15
15

Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces New Technology for Fast-Charging, Noncombustible Batteries
This new type of battery from the people who gave us the lithium-ion battery reads as being very impressive. Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces New Technology for Fast-Charging, Noncombustible...
2
2

OT. That's Billion with a B
Americans are going to spend $9,100,000,000 on Halloween this year. I go deaf when people throw money away on that kind of stuff then complain about being broke. Source:
9
9

Hanging a picture with a small nail
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NkKubryA--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/lx1vmbgb52bfm3frqhc0.gif...
5
5

Overhead Kitchen Light Fixture And LED's Question
Hi, Have to replace a Very old overhead kitchen light fixture which uses two 60 W incandscent bulbs. Seems like just about everything I can find that looks anything like what we now have use LED's....
5
5

Maybe going
So far so good. I am sorta wondering if ELN might not even realize that Usenet service is still on. They don't pay that much attention.
5
5

Ping Kenk
Ken, I asked Wayne Boatright for a referral to his appliance repair outfit in Phoenix. You weren't specific about your location, so, if this guy is too far away, he might know of someone closer to...
16
16

OT: 100 Images From Cassini's Mission to Saturn
Absolutely fantastic images! 100 Images From Cassini's Mission to Saturn NASA’s Cassini spacecraft burned up in Saturn’s atmosphere on Friday, after 20 years in space.
1
1

Ping Wayne Boatwright
Wayne, group participant Kenk is located in SW AZ, he has been complaining that he is unable to find a decent appliance repair person to assist with his oven. With you being in Phoenix, do you happen...
4
4

sticking door
Spending a few days at my mother's house looking after her since she had surgery. The bedroom I'm in has a sticking door and it makes noise when I get up to go the bathroom. Then the dog hears it and...
9
9