Subject Author Posted Replies

How could hundreds of clearings of the OBD codes cause the catalytic I/M readiness monitor to set?
How could 50 to 100 clearings of the OBD codes (using a dumb OBD reader) cause the catalytic I/M readiness monitor to set after months of not setting? Can the complicated electronics modules be...
29
29

This this tool company look legit?
am I going to get my credit card stolen? English Tool Co. - Home of the Dual Thread 1/2 Inch Compression Sleeve Puller (for removing a stuck ferrule) English Tool Co. - Home of the Dual Thread 1/2...
19
19

eating pudding with your fingers.
Forgetting about any other issues, do you think it's a bad thing to eat chocolate pudding with your fingers? If you had a bowl, or maybe a disposable 4-oz. cup, of chocolate pudding and no utensils,...
6
6

I need valve compression nut removal recommendatios
Hi All, On a previous post, Oscar gave me the perfect value for under my kitchen . Make in USA too! The inlet nut that is currently installed is "fine" pitch. Usually replacement valves are course...
6
6

Help me diagnose an HVAC problem
My wife volunteered me to look at a friend's broken AC unit. I'm not a tech or a mechanic but I said I'd give it a shot, maybe it's something simple. The friend has very little income. So I spent the...
49
49

O T Florida Home Buyers BLINDSIDED By TREMENDOUS Cost To Own
1,105,028 views  Premiered Mar 29, 2023  FLORIDA After moving to Florida, many people have regret and unfortunately suffer the pitfalls that are costly! Some ultimately lose their life savings,...

Nissan 6 gallon steel gas can in good condition for marine use
I was given a 6 gallon heavy-gauge Nissan steel gas can for marine use in excellent condition on the outside, but which has rust on the inside. First question is obvious - why do they make gas cans...
10
10

small rug that slips around on floor
I have a small rug in the hallway behind my front door. The rubbery layer on the bottom has apparently all worn away. So it slides on the floor very easily, particularly when my 75-lb dog goes...
14
14

men in womwn sports
Why do the Americans make such a big deal out of things and ask do government laws ? If women do not want 'men' dressed as women to play in their sports, all they have to do is refuse to play with...
4
4

Att. Canadians; history of the acrewdriver
Att. Canadians; history of the acrewdriver Join our community of fans and supporters! https://thehistoryguyguild.locals.com/ Most everyone owns at least one screwdriver. But Canadians likely own a...
4
4

Do you need another car, or 2, or 3?
Do you need another car, or 2, or 3? Are you tired of th high prices at the store? See how to build your own. Save money. You or you and a buddy can make your own automobile in your spare time.

Battery trains?!
Er.... you guys have heard of electric trains right? There's cables overhead? Why the fuck are you installing batteries?!? Electric locomotives could cut emissions of greenhouse gases and toxic...

EV Tax Credits 2023
Some reading for those thinking of buying an EV and rewiring their houses for a charger. <> Exactly which cars qualify for the full 2023 EV tax credit is of primary concern to many car buyers as we...
2
2

California Electricity Rate Proposal
One proposed law would base monthly electricity bills on income. <> Editor’s Note: this article has been updated to include additional billing details. If you earn more, you pay more. That’s the...
1
1

O.T. Getting the Echo dot working again
I moved to a new residence. I can not get my Echo Dot to work again. What do I need to do to get it working again? Thanks, Andy
2
2