38 year old freezer efficiency?

Simply put the old fridge on the curb. Attach a (LARGE) note: "WORKS."

The machine will be removed by the urban faeries.

Reply to
HeyBub

After removing the door(s).

Reply to
Ron

I know what you mean .

Reply to
Doug

I had that as a hunch tho I couldn't put nice numbers to it as you did. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
Doug

If you watch Survivor you can see all of the bug bites on the players arms and legs.

Reply to
Ron

Appreciate that. To be honest, I slept on this kill a watt meter and decided tho I liked the idea, if all I'm going to do is measure things but take no action, might as well not buy it. Sure it's nice to know what things cost individually (in regard to electricity) but I am already pretty thrifty and follow age old advice to save. I'm overall satisfied with my electric bill considering my home size. But I still appreciate your offer and thank you !!!!

Reply to
Doug

That movie starlet you thought was so beautiful....... ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I know an idiot who will turn off all the lights like the 9 watt florescent over the kitchen sink to save electricity then leave the computer or TV on all night. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My first 17" CRT computer monitor bought back in the 90's was $549.00 which was a low price because I was in the computer repair/sales business and got dealer pricing. The last time I bought a new computer monitor was several years ago at Office Depot and it was +/- $160.00 for a 23" Viewsonic LCD. The twin LCD monitor setup I'm using right now sending this post is a Dell Precision 390 I rescued from a business that closed and was about to toss it into a dumpster along with other almost new useable computers, monitors, laser printers, scanners and loads of other equipment. I haven't bought any new computers or network equipment in years because I come across so much current gear that's being tossed. The D-Link wireless N router hooked to my cable modem is a 2010 model I found tossed in the corner of an equipment room a few months ago. I may build a new computer with a quad core CPU but I won't need a new case, etc because I have so much of the other parts already. I constantly pick up used and broken things of all types that need only minimum repairs. I once got a 24,000 BTU window unit for my shop for free that had a simple bad connection on the compressor. What's the payback for a $600.00 AC unit that cost's nothing but a little sweat? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas