Subject Author Posted Replies

OT , computers ...
  Thanks to all who responded . The kid was given this comp for helping out a neighbor , probably because they couldn't figure it out either . Y'all are right , it's slow - I was hoping adding some...
30
30

water meter - spinner running fast and slow
I doubt it's the problem but will mention it anyhow. Irrigation wells will pump air at times and that can cause surging. Someone would likely notice that though.
26
26

OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs?
OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs, Tennessee? Google maps will always, until now, allow one to find what it considers the best route (in practice, always 3 routes), but tonight using Opera...
8
8

Propane stove
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will continue to heat the home even after the desired...
7
7

Reducing Noise from nearby busy street
I am trying to reduce the noise I hear from inside and outside my home. The noise is a constant hum and vibration from the cars on the Main Street in which I live .30 miles from. Speed limit on the...
17
17

How to remove black backing from carpet
I am using a chisel to remove the black backing that is stuck onto the wooden stairs. This stuff is turning into black powder was I work. Is this safe to do? I am wearing a mask. Can I sell it with a...
9
9

Replace fire bricks in a Russo CW2 stove
I need to replace the bricks in my Russo CW2 stove. Does anyone know how to get the side bricks to come out? Advised that the side bricks are first to come out and last to go in but can not get them...
1
1

Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator Freezing
I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refrigerator, model 106.5227. The refrigerator section is frozen, even with the temp control set all the way (or anywhere I set it). This model has a mechanical...
1
1

Warped Door query
My goodness, you come here for diy advice and get troll barking. Whoever you are, singular or plural, please rethink the notion that personal insults make you look smart and competent.
2
2

Guess I did well
My deck was just finished by a contractor like that. He had a small crew for removal of the old and cleanup but subcontracted to a guy that specializes in decks. I discussed this arrangement with him...
11
11

what caulk to use on concrete driveway before applying color top solvent concrete sealer (solid color).
This summer had my driveway sealed with sherwin williams solvent sealer. The fellow used a white caulk on some of the holes before using the sealer. I'm noticing some smaller cracks appearing and want...

Q: Lubricating a burner valve on an old range
The only effective way to use the greases is to pull the valve stem from the core and repack it. More than likely you can get a thin oil down the stem some; whether it'll get to the surface of the...
4
4

Claw truck max lift weight
The NOAA pictures were taken on Wednesday as far as I can tell, just by the cars in the driveway. (3 days after the storm) I had really just got started on the trees by then, just getting the ones out...
15
15

Warm daah before taking it apart?
I found a bent "flat" that was scrap I'd saved from something, and I sharpened it and it seemed pretty good -- I could push some -- but it still kept slipping off. So I started in on the air vents and...
9
9

Bathroom faucet replacement question
It is not required because the threads do not do the sealing, and tape COULD interfere with proper seating of the rubber seal. DO NOT use teflon tape on self-seal supply hoses. If they are standard...
20
20