Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Cut paper art
Oh, you mean art-art. Very nice work. The artists, like in the video example, are probably all employees of X-ACTO.
6
6

Wallboard Texturing
Primer first, then texture? Or texture right onto the wallboard, and then prime?
1
1

removal of bathroom concrete floor
I have a small bathroom that has 2 one inch layers of concrete or mud (I'm not sure how to tell the difference)over floor boards that has developed soft spots and I wish to lay ceramic over it. It has...
5
5

Doorbell Chime/ Tranformer
I just got a 1981 townhouse. It's got an Edwards 2 tone chime box, front and back doorbell push buttons and it's running on a Edwards No. 590 transformer with 10V. - 5V.A. Output voltage. I would like...
2
2

Getting wood floors refinished - oil or water based varnish?
Hi, I'm getting my wood floors refinished, I've had two guys come in for estima tes. Either way it will be around $1,000 for sanding and varnish. But one g uy said that Oil based is better (and...
4
4

Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?
I stopped by all the parts stores today (four of them) where all they had were the flat inside patches and "rope" outside patches. Same with the big box stores. Looks like I have to get my patch plugs...
90
90

Two questions about five pound carbon dioxide & regulators
Two totally different questions about five pound carbon dioxide tanks used for carbonation of water ala Richard Kinch's legendary methods. 1. My local Praxair & Airgas suppliers are $38 for a 5 pound...
1
1

Is it normal to smell gas when your water heater turns on
You should not smell gas. Probably the only reason the "gas guy" who came out and told you that has his job is because he's some department manager's wife's nephew. I'd call the gas company back and...
16
16

[SOLVED] Underwear flushed down the toilet. What should you do next (2023 Update)
My Sons underwear just got flushed down the toilet.( he's new to being potty trained and thought cleaning in the toilet, then flushing was ok) they actually flushed and the water went down, then...
6
6

Sharp Carousel Door Is Difficult to Close - Light Stays On Inside - Not Usuable
My Sharp Carousel Door is difficult to close. The spring appears to be fine - Both door hooks are "springy". The top hook doesn't seem to line up with the top hole perfectly anymore and the light...
2
2

OT , computers ...
  Thanks to all who responded . The kid was given this comp for helping out a neighbor , probably because they couldn't figure it out either . Y'all are right , it's slow - I was hoping adding some...
30
30

water meter - spinner running fast and slow
I doubt it's the problem but will mention it anyhow. Irrigation wells will pump air at times and that can cause surging. Someone would likely notice that though.
26
26

OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs?
OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs, Tennessee? Google maps will always, until now, allow one to find what it considers the best route (in practice, always 3 routes), but tonight using Opera...
8
8

Propane stove
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will continue to heat the home even after the desired...
7
7

Reducing Noise from nearby busy street
I am trying to reduce the noise I hear from inside and outside my home. The noise is a constant hum and vibration from the cars on the Main Street in which I live .30 miles from. Speed limit on the...
17
17