Subject Author Posted Replies

Brick Veneer and Vinyl Windows
Bought a 17 year old house. Front of house is brick veneer. No weep holes. Vinyl windows have drain holes that feed water behind the brick sill. Also the vinyl windows were mortared rather than...
2
2

switch with indicator light - no neutral
I want a light switch with an indicator light. All I can find needs a neutral. My switch only has hot wire. Any such switch that works with only hot wire? This is 220 V. Thanks.
10
10

Burning plastic smell
My gas job smells of burning plastic? Can gloss paint do this?
3
3

how come
how come I'm not seeing anything since 11AM yesterday morning, 11/24?
12
12

OT - eternal.september
Appears down last couple of days. No new posts and if you post it will not show. I'm using aioe.
5
5

Leaf Blower Starting Question
Hello, Have the typical home Leaf Blower, an Echo Model PB 2100. Trying to get it started easily. The Manual isn't too clear on this: To start, we Prime the bulb the 10 times it says, and have the...
17
17

Why do you celebrate Christmas
The only German word I know, is the word "FUCK". I like that word, and it's not harsh sounding.....
14
14

Searching schematics or service manual for METRIX OX2000 oscilloscope
Hi all, I'm looking for schematics (at least PSU) and/or service manual to repair a METRIX OX2000 oscilloscope. Thanks to anyone that can post it or give me a way to obtain it. Best regards. Darkmind
1
1

Fremont Neighborhood Under Siege After Gang Of Wild Turkeys Moves In
Oren posted for all of us... I presume they can't use firearms to thin the herd.
13
13

Just me?
Are you providing a cell phone number for text messages ? .. perhaps they are texting your land line ? When I provide my home phone number to someone for contact info - I always state " land line - no...
5
5

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Uncle Monster posted for all of us... Thanks Unc, you too, along with all the rest of the posters.
1
1

OT: ever wonder why you can't get a STEM job?
Well, I am surprised it took this long. Report: Foreign Nationals Outnumber Americans in High-Paying, White-Collar Silicon Valley Jobs The H1b visa program has to go. You want a foreigner to replace...
46
46

OT: Thanksgiving: Lord, it is good to be here!
Thank you, O Lord! Everyone capable of thanksgiving is capable of salvation and eternal joy. Thank You, O Lord, for having accepted this Eucharist, which we offered to the Holy Trinity, Father, Son...

Whirlpool ice maker parts
What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed....
7
7

OT: That no good, stinking Sears leaf blower....
I even built a special tool to adjust the carb which got me And there's a big part of the problem. The hippies have made it so you can't adjust the mixture screws anymore. I had issues with mine from...
11
11