Subject Author Posted Replies

Floor Joist Repair
Hey guys, Ok so I am remodeling my basement which is technically the first floor of a two story home, I took out the ceiling and noted a cracked joist that runs a 20 foot span under my kitchen and...
7
7

Shimming a toilet
What can be used to shim a toilet on a ceramic tiled floor. My neighbor has a toilet that rocks from front to back, the fulcrum point being roughly where the bolts are. It sits on tile on top of a...
15
15

Wire gauge needed for amps
I was looking for a site that would tell me which gauge wire to use based on amps and length of wire. Wanted to run 3 feet for a 15 amp load. Thanks, Andy
4
4

Raw water anyone?
ch could make you ill 4/?ito=3Dcbshare Let the idiots get sick. They'll learn. Or go away permanently. -- = Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."
45
45

What solvent to clean orfice on propane hand torch?
This is true and I'd probably do that now, but some don't have compressors and when you are on a ladder, using the propane's pressure works pretty well. BTW, I think that the propane today is...
17
17

Need advice
I am start a new saddle valve listen about the whole set up but my whole apartment is not receiving hot water and the water pressure is very low please someone help me what could be the problem

OT: Orgasmic fairground ride

Best Blade for "Cultured Marble"
For making a half-dozen short (5") cuts in cultured marble, what kind of blade should I get for use on a table saw. I've heard recommendations to use a 7 1/4" blade on a 10" table saw to get the...
2
2

Good marker
I have been using white out for marking things. Is there a pen of some sort that is neater? I would need both white and black. Thanks.
3
3

Wing mirrors on cars
+1. I don't even think about turning around.
732
732

OT - funny obit
Cleaning up files I found this one which I thought I'd pass on. It is for real, as published. Walter G. Bruhl, Jr. Born in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 20, 1933 Departed on Mar. 9, 2014 and resided in...
6
6

OT, BUT - Not politics!
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day: Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens. Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?
9
9

Feeding plants flies for protein using soapy water
How does a single soap drop of "flak" incapacitate a housefly? Do you think the dish soap is bad or good for the plants? What is it about soapy water that knocks house flies right out of the air? In...
3
3

Michigan Idiot video
I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with the belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They ignore the reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire...
11
11

Inducer motor hitting metal.noise
I have a gas furnace with inducer motor. Recently it started to make a noise that I suspect is some kind of metal grinding noise. It only starts when the rpm is high. I tried to fix it by putting a...
12
12