Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternatives to cable TV
I know this has nothing to do with home repair, but I am looking for a newsgroup or blog discussing alternatives to cable TV. There are several services such as Hulu that use the Internet and I would...
34
34

Repair Door Latch
I have to lift a door by the handle to get it to latch and want to fix this . My initial idea was to remove the strike plate, chisel out another 1/8" at the bottom edge, fill the existing holes, drill...
10
10

OT - us seniors can relate to this
Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind. Today, I got a call from Home Depot who installed them. The caller complained that the work...
10
10

jumped out furnace
my heat wasnt working called repair man , he temporarily jumped out furnace with paper clip, said call in the morning and someone will be over to replace thermostat. told me to shut off at switch. how...
2
2

Oregon and Green Gas
I like the one about halfway down. It's the guy moving the pump handle in and out of the filler neck. That reminds me of my high school days working at a gas station. A traveler was filling his water...
7
7

386 v in a 220 v house?
In Thailand we usually use 3 phases (L1, L2, L3) + Neutral (N) + Ground (PE) with 220V. A machine imported from Taiwan has four connectors: L1, L2, L3 and Ground (connected to the housing). It uses In...
4
4

Water in refrigerator
Hi All, Well, I did not think this was going to happen, but this is actually On Topic! No Roast Beef involved at all! First off, there is no external water connection to my freezer. I deliberately did...
6
6

Repairing Chain Link Fence
I have a number of sections of chain link fence where invasive trees have b een allowed to grow and have blended with the chain link. I have cut down the trees above the fence and cut them off below...
6
6

OT. Computer flaws
or It looks like everything is vulnerable. A U.S. government-backed body warned that the chips themselves need to be replaced to completely fix the problems.

Massive chip flaw affects security on almost all CPUs in the last decade
Massive chip flaw not limited to Intel Intel is dealing with a major chip bug, but full impact unclear How to protect your PC from the major Meltdown and Spectre CPU flaws Intel's full statement:...
8
8

Storage Building Entrance
You must replace your door or its changed.
9
9

So much for raw water
It's all about choice.  You're always free to ignore the warning labels.
3
3

*Ping* Ed
I got my new car last week. I bought a 2017 Lincoln Continental Select with 5500 miles on it. Drives and rides like a dream. Now all I have to get used to is filling it up with premium unleaded...
4
4

Floor Joist Repair
Hey guys, Ok so I am remodeling my basement which is technically the first floor of a two story home, I took out the ceiling and noted a cracked joist that runs a 20 foot span under my kitchen and...
7
7

Shimming a toilet
What can be used to shim a toilet on a ceramic tiled floor. My neighbor has a toilet that rocks from front to back, the fulcrum point being roughly where the bolts are. It sits on tile on top of a...
15
15