Subject Author Posted Replies

kerosene heater
Has anyone ever used diesel in a kerosene heater, such as a heatmate model 400? Paying $10.00 a gallon for heater kerosene doesn't break me, but I feel like they're just gouging customers, so I...
9
9

What is the shelf life of common adhesives?
REF: I have ten year old unopened Toyota FIPG (aka RTV) that I "hope" to use for a valve cover gasket. I "hope" it's still good. I do know that the tube of Home Depot gray-putty-like two-part...
1
1

Keep the cushion in place
The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa. I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks, Andy

DIY Projects
Not to brag about my skills, but since this is a home repair group I thought I show off some of my projects. I'm rather proud of them and maybe you guys can learn from them too. .
6
6

UK Blogger Propels Fake Restaurant to the Top Rated Spot on 'TripAdvisor' in London
so your name is "Life"
3
3

Gas fireplace.. pilot on.. fireplace won't light
So I have a heat n glo fire place.. the pilot lites on and fires up with no issues,one click and bam pilot on.. turn gas valve to the on position and use remote to turn fireplace on and nothing.. used...

ping: Oren, stocking in Clark County
Hi Oren, Mesquite pond Floyd Lamb pond Sunset Park Pond Boulder City Pond All got stocked with Rainbows on the 24th Tight lines, -T

Drip / click sounds in basement ceiling
Hi. Hope you are well. Got a quick question. I can hear some dripping sounds in the basement (there are no pipes there) when I use the sink in the toilet on first floor. On top of the basement we have...
5
5

Paint mold inhibitor
Any paint store or HD, etc has an additive. If you buy the paint there they will add it in before they mix it. I added it into exterior stain that I used on a shady area where there had been some...
14
14

Dow rises 150 points to record high on strong earnings
On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:24:25 -0500, "Bouffant du Jour" squeaked in an excited high pitched squeal, thinking he was a "**Dow": I posted it would yesterday, bouffant. The Trumpet got all alarmed that...
1
1

TC-200E UP/DOWN CONVERTER (POWER TRANSFORMER)
The neutral and hot may be reversed in this Made in S?hole China transformer.

Sears Repair Parts
FYI, I bought a package of 5 O-rings from Sears repair parts The 5 rings together weigh about 1/4 ounce and fit in a small mailing envelope. The price of the rings was $3.58 but the shipping was...
14
14

Kenmore oven making loud noises (think it's Kenmore 73433)
My kenmore oven is starting to occasionally make a huge noise. It sort of sounds like air trying to push through a closed vent, if that makes any sort of sense for this type of appliance. I've...

Why are these CRT TVs are selling for so much money?
I did notice the gaming mentioned, but I didn't know why it mattered. That explains it.
27
27

What is your total cost of ownership of your phone, over five years?
... uh .. just perhaps .. .. the usage will vary somewhat from user to user ? At which point the survey becomes even MORE stupider. John T.
114
114