Subject Author Posted Replies

O T Using the seat light in an airplane
OT In an airplane sitting next to someone you don't know, is it permissable, within etiquette, to turn the seat light on when the other person doesn't want it on? For example, I want to read and she...
1
1

Does a sodastream carbon dioxide tank contain enough gas to fill a flat car tire?
The sodastream tank is 14-1/2 ounces (410 grams) of carbon dioxide. Is that enough to fill a flat car tire? Do they make a gadget to use a sodastream carbon dioxide canister to regulate it to a...
4
4

What percentage of flat tires can be saved?
In your experience, what percentage of your flat tires have to have the tire replaced versus just having the flat repaired? I realize everything is up to chance, but in the last couple of years, my...
219
219

Never drink or shower with the water from a rain barrel
Self explanatory
1
1

OT. State Highway Ratings
.Cost vs. quality <> Virginia is best. Alaska worst. Introduction Reason’s 27th Annual Highway Report rates state highway systems on cost versus quality using a method developed in the early 1990s...
2
2

OT The elephant in charge of a buffalo herd.
OT A slow-moving but interesting video about an orphan elephant placed in the care of someone at a wildlife preserve who was also caring for a herd of cape buffalo. Now 25 years later, the elephant is...

This Singer Sewing Machine is Made Entirely From Legos
This Singer Sewing Machine is Made Entirely From Legos This is pobably the embedded video And btw, now you can buy horgring pliers with an auto-feed magazine,

Beer carbonation caps for liquid or for soda
How do you know by looking at it, what do you look for, what telltale sign is there, for a steel carbonation cap that is for gas versus for liquid? Bought a few at a garage sale & I don't know what...
1
1

Metallic flex, PVC or solid metal conduit
Hello all, From an existing junction box in the middle of my garage ceiling I need to run power to an external motion activated security light. What is the best conduit for this, and what does the...
1
1

OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off
So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.
9
9

Where do you guys buy 50% glyphosate weed killer for a good price online?
Where do you guys buy 50% glyphosate weed killer for a good price online?
2
2

OT. Michelin Snow Tire Recall
The tires don't meet the standards for traction in snow. <> People might slide around or get stuck. Hmmm. Further proof that common sense isn't. Michelin is recalling more than 542,000 light truck...

Need tips for being homeless
There is a good chance that I will he homeless in about 11 days. I am 67 years old and have been a responsible person. I was evicted because I called the police on some residents who played loud music...
15
15

OT. Middle Class
This article says it takes a little under $24K per year to be middle class in Cleveland, OH. It takes a little over $104K per year to be middle class in Fremont, CA. <>
4
4

OT: UK government emergency warnings
the fuck could possibly be a life threatening emergency in the UK? We don't get tornadoes. Wasn't very effective their test anyway. I was asleep in the next room when it alledgedly sounded a siren...
28
28