Subject Author Posted Replies

Busy hands are happy hands.
This article talks about supposed changes in our brains when we use our hands. Knitting was one thing cited as beneficial. or There is satisfaction in doing a project then seeing if things work as...
2
2

Have you ever seen an electric power tool start on fire?
The only thing I can think of, is that most drills are really intermittent devices. When used continuous, they can get pretty hot. I once used an old battery screwdriver to animate something for...
7
7

Uber self-driving car kills Arizona woman
But ambulance chasers aren't in their infancy.
11
11

Exterior Painting Problems
My painter, spray painted over 7 windows that had not been scraped or sanded. Now I am unsure about how to handle. I am guessing that the new paint needs to be removed completely and then the windows...
3
3

Is camera down tub drain an option?
I have water from a tub coming through the ceiling downstairs. Looking close, I see an old patch at that location, it appears the previous owner had the same problem. The patch is small though, about...
28
28

Lets make this world a SAFE PLACE once again.
Lets make this world a SAFE PLACE once again. The time has come to eliminate all the dangerous and killing objects our modern society has created. The following things need to be gotten rid of ASAP....
7
7

Poor social cedit
Chinese people have it rough, and it's getting worse. China will ban people with poor ?social credit? from planes and trains Are you sure China isn't run by Democrats? Everything they do is for your...
1
1

Fix my bumper?
On 18 Mar 2018, Vic Smith wrote in Besides that it would presumably cost me a lot more, I don't know where to get the part from, and I don't know how to install it, it's a very good idea. I actually...
37
37

Speaking of "lack of candor"......
Attorney General Jeff Sessions' testimony that he opposed a proposal for Pr esident Donald Trump's 2016 campaign team to meet with Russians has been co ntradicted by three people who told Reuters they...

Superstore chain Fred Meyer to stop selling guns, ammunition
The small gun stores thank you for your support. This may be the only segment of the retail market where conglomerates are not crushing small independents.
33
33

Interesting reading.... refugee detectives
This will give you something to think about on immigration. Inside Germany’s high-stakes operation to sort people fleeing death from opportunists and pretenders

I'm starting a petition to Ban all Bridges in America
I'm starting a petition to Ban all Bridges in America. In less than a week, this petition will be available online. I will post the web URL as soon as it's ready. We need to eliminate all brridges in...
3
3

Seldom used single arm shower faucet doesn't adjust temp. well
Spare bedroom in my condo build in 2009 has a shower. It is almost never used, but I noticed there is almost no adjustment between hot and cold. You move the handle one way you get hot full on, a tad...
4
4

[SOLVED] Contractors Cost to Replace 20 Spalled Chimney Bricks??
I have a chimney that has about 200 bricks of which about 20 are spalled. What can I expect a contractor to charge (ballpark) to replace the 20 spalled bricks. Location is Central NJ
11
11

gas oven diagnostic help, please
He is probably calling a gas solenoid valve the igniter. If so, ohms law for DC does not apply,but for AC. To find the current, you would need to know the inductance of the coil, or maybe must the...
8
8