Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Firefox extension blocks Facebook tracking

Outlook Express 6.0 Lost Emails
I did it again.... same old, same old..... I was copying files within OE6 and they disappeared. First thought was I dropped them in the next folder to the one I was using, but I have checked all the...
1
1

Small, Slider Type SPST "Slider" Switches: Reliability Of ?
The old-tyme TV tuner cleaner works well - or De-Ox_it. Squirt, operate the switch 50 times or so and try it.
7
7

HD Glacier Bay Bar Shower Assembly (Two Heads; One On A Hose)
Hello, We have one of those Home Depot Glacier Bay Bar Showers, with two shower heads; one on a hose. This is the assembly that has a bar with a sliding holder for a second shower head on a hose, and...
1
1

splitting cable internet and antenna tv
I don't know what channels your cable uses, but there is a large chance that they duplicate some of the channels that the OTA stations use. I expect that the signals are still in the cable, you are...
8
8

light switch popped - now won't turn off
Was sitting here, minding my own business, and I hear a small pop/sizzle from the light switch and the overhead light came on. Now neither switch will make it go off. My main question is whether this...
7
7

OT: cargo ships and ropes
Anyone ever thought of tying ropes round these things? cargo ship fail - Google Search cargo ship fail - Google Search
4
4

Driving in Oklahoma
There's times when I get in the left lane early, to make a left turn, so I don't have to fight traffic getting near the turn. If I wait until I get closer to the turn I often have to slow down a lot...
30
30

Flat rate electricity like water?
You have to admit he incites more rational discussion than his detractors.
172
172

OT China's defunct space lab hurtling toward Earth for re-entry
"Beetlejuice"?
3
3

Synonym???
... Thanks for the offer...let me try some more here today and see what I can manage to cobble up. If I have no luck I'll let you know...there are a couple of machine shops in town that will do small...
41
41

Pressure washer
I got to crank it it spins and stops and it's hard to turn and it spins I take out spark plug it's spins fine freely and then return it and stop turning and stop
2
2

Old Stanley Garage Door Opener Parts Available
The reversing relay on my 20+ year-old Stanley garage door opener finally g ave up the ghost and I replaced the entire unit with a nice new Chamberlain door opener. The motor is fine and works both...
1
1

How does a Wi-Fi only tablet route on Google Maps when on the road?
nope. it means an app is using location services to obtain the user's location, which can be done without a hardware gps (and even if there is a hardware gps, it's not always used). they did and still...
123
123

Shower massage hand held part needed.
I have a no-name brand hand held shower massage in which a pinhole leak has developed in the plastic fixture that connects the device to the pipe coming out of the wall. I have included two photos:...
4
4