Subject Author Posted Replies

closet sliding doors?
Hi All, I maintain a small apartment complex. One of the most consistent problems we have is with closet sliding doors. They simply don't hold up to the caliber of the tenants. We get holes in the...
8
8

Looking for Faucet Aerator Adapter Sizing
According to Typical regular size for a faucet aerator is 15/16" male threaded or 55/64" female threaded, while junior size is 13/16" male threaded or 3/4" female threaded. I have a 13/16" junior male...

Electric Arc Welder: How Big/Small Needed?
Aren't there any welding shops in your area? A business that makes the odds and ends that people need from time to time and fixes stuff? Are power outages frequent enough that you'd want a back up...
18
18

Speeding up a stairlift
Every old person I know with a stairlift is pissed off at how slow they go. Does anyone have experience of making these things go a bit faster? I mean picture an old person trying to get downstairs to...
2
2

Britain's got talent
Fantasy magic Well worth seeing

"Breeze block"
I was surprised the other day when a tradesman called a concrete block a "breeze block". I always thought (and the dictionary agrees) that a breeze block is a lightweight block made of cinder, not a...

Hot water taking too long to get to faucet
Srqli- I doubt the heater has a remote control. It should fire-up automatically as soon as water flows. From your description of the problem, the hot water heater is not working properly. Near the...
7
7

Ping Clare: Tire problems
Hi all, I ran over a pipe Thursday cutting the passenger side tires on my 2018 Grand Cherokee with only 2100 some miles. I used Jeep assist to call a tow co that took 90 minutes to arrive (the guy was...
28
28

antifreeze
How often should I change antifreeze in a late model vehicle? I`ve been changing it every 2 yrs. but my mechanic says that`s wasting money. Do I need a new mechanic?
12
12

House Thermostat Question
Hello, Trying to understand, a bit, about how these components "play" together. Have a typical forced hot water home system; gas fired. Was wondering about the Honeywell Thermostat I now have for it....
5
5

OT. Does Anybody Really Know
What Time It Is, is a song from the group Chicago. They were just a little ahead of their time:
4
4

WATER & ICE CUBES TASTE BAD
ALREADY INSTALLED IN -LINE FILTER WATER AFTER FILTER OK WATER & ICE FROM FRIG HAS BAD TASTE
4
4

Frozen gas pipes?!
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF). Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?
17
17

Drain Valve Type On New House Water Heater ?
Same on my recently installed new water heater. Maybe the mfr is saving money by not installing a faucet handle- or discouraging owners from draining out a few gallons every few months.
7
7

Exotic Tick Species Arrives In Jersey
you've been here for much longer than a year
3
3