Subject Author Posted Replies

Stupid Samsung fridge shut down again
I have had major problems with my old Whirlpool fridge (actually made by Samsung) and now with a Samsung badged fridge where is just shuts down apparently caused by a power glitch. So, I purchased a...
3
3

Poorest town in each state
Reminded me of Walter Williams column this am: Poor people in America would be rich compared to most of the world. Before the massive growth of our welfare state, private charity was the sole option...
1
1

spray paint splattering
Most likely paint gathering on the outside of the nozzle for some reason, then forming a "glob" and following the spray to the surface. Common issue in spray-bombs but can happen on some spray guns...
10
10

Rug Doctor Hose
I need to replace the upholstery tool vacuum hose for my Rug Doctor as it keeps breaking at flexure points and I keep having to nibble it shorter and shorter. Seems like everyone is selling the full...
1
1

CO2 at highest level in 800,000 years
I won't be doing that. In fact I look for ways to *increase* my CO2 output. Increased carbon == increased prosperity. I won't change my lifestyle one iota to decrease CO2 output no matter how much the...
54
54

A/C vs. swamp cooler? (2023 Update)
How do you manage that? It's Ontario Hydro, isn't it? I thought you had so much surplus capacity you were selling power to New York.
409
409

OT. Hey, farmers
Do you have any old planters, tractors or whatever out in the trees? The sheet metal is selling for a lot of money on Ebay. $100 up plus shipping. A couple hundred plus shipping isn't unusual for the...

California to require solar
on houses, apartments, etc. Us rubes will just have to admire all those advanced people way out west.
13
13

OT. 30,000 Big Macs
One man. Forty six years.

Pipe cutter replacement cutter wheel...
Have a 60+ yr-old pipe cutter (Craftsman) of grandfather's that is very good but obviously no longer listed as having replacement parts for...I broke the cutter wheel yesterday and the locals have...
18
18

Older workers face paying Jeremy Hunt's 'care tax'
On 6 May 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): As much as they can. It is what Tories do.
4
4

Centrak Ontario Wind Stoem
We had a DANDY windstorm yesterday that did some pretty extensive damage up here in Ontario. Official wind speeds were recorded as 122kph at CYKF while unnoficial windspeeds of about 140kph were...
3
3

With no letup in home prices, the California exodus surges
and yet California has a booming economy
5
5

LENGTHENING MY FRONT DOOR
1. Measure accurately 2. Cut the wood 3. Glue and nail Any questions?

Deadbolt stuck in locked position. Removed all parts and it is still stuck.
Hello, The deadbolt lock broke when I tried unlocking it. When I unscrewed it I noticed a few small pieces fell out which i couldn't figure out how to put back in. I putting a flat head and turning...