33 year old Swimming Pool about to cave in

Hi,

My friend's 33 year old swimming pool is about to cave in. It is made out of vinyl siding. How does one know when a pool becomes dangerous to swim in? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Reply to
healthystealthy

Hi,

My friend's 33 year old swimming pool is about to cave in. It is made out of vinyl siding. How does one know when a pool becomes dangerous to swim in? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Reply to
healthystealthy

Your kidding?

Yes. When it's made out of vinyl siding.

No.

Reply to
zero

The pool is a Bustercrap pool and the sides were built with wood.

Reply to
healthystealthy

Can't hardly cave in if it is full of water. If it is not full of water, it is not safe to swim in.

Reply to
Toller

Exactly, It's a lot liklier to cave OUT. Trolls are afoot...

Reply to
glenn P

There have been some studies done by MIT in conjunction with the government Consumer Protection Agency. They found many times that a pool is dangerous to swim in.

  1. When there is no water
  2. In a thunder storm
  3. When the water is frozen
  4. If a shark is present
  5. If an alligator is in it
  6. When you don't know how to swim and the water is deep
  7. When you are drunk
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

  1. Thin layer of ice present. I'd check this for you, but it's a bit too warm at the moment.
  2. When cover is installed on water.
  3. When siding is the pool's construction material.
Reply to
John

The only fix for that is to completely remove the old pool and install new walls and vinyl liner. Been there - done that. They don't use wood any longer.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

No, I don't think so. I think he meant to say "Vinyl liner pool". The older ones were built with wooden sides, and they DO collapse when the support walls rot away.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Reply to
buffalobill

This I got to see..... Post a picture !!!!

Reply to
maradcliff

  1. When the owner is or his neighbor is a troll. Trolls cant swim!
Reply to
maradcliff

It's not caving in if it's full of water. It might be caving out though.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

But they can be tied to surfboards and set adrift.

Reply to
mm