33 year old Swimming Pool about to cave in

Hi,
My friend's 33 year old swimming pool is about to cave in. It is made out of vinyl siding. How does one know when a pool becomes dangerous to swim in? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem?
Thanks
Hi,
My friend's 33 year old swimming pool is about to cave in. It is made out of vinyl siding. How does one know when a pool becomes dangerous to swim in? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem?
Thanks
On 5 Aug 2006 14:09:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your kidding?

Yes. When it's made out of vinyl siding.

No.
zero wrote:

The pool is a Bustercrap pool and the sides were built with wood.
On 5 Aug 2006 14:32:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The only fix for that is to completely remove the old pool and install new walls and vinyl liner. Been there - done that. They don't use wood any longer.
CWM

If it is not full of water, it is not safe to swim in.
Exactly, It's a lot liklier to cave OUT. Trolls are afoot...

No, I don't think so. I think he meant to say "Vinyl liner pool". The older ones were built with wooden sides, and they DO collapse when the support walls rot away.
CWM

There have been some studies done by MIT in conjunction with the government Consumer Protection Agency. They found many times that a pool is dangerous to swim in.
1. When there is no water 2. In a thunder storm 3. When the water is frozen 4. If a shark is present 5. If an alligator is in it 6. When you don't know how to swim and the water is deep 7. When you are drunk
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

8. Thin layer of ice present. I'd check this for you, but it's a bit too warm at the moment. 9. When cover is installed on water. 10. When siding is the pool's construction material.

11. When the owner is or his neighbor is a troll. Trolls cant swim!
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 14:42:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

But they can be tied to surfboards and set adrift.
if this is inground or an above ground you will need a pool company to evaluate the problem. see: http://bcpools.com/poolpics.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 5 Aug 2006 14:09:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This I got to see..... Post a picture !!!!
It's not caving in if it's full of water. It might be caving out though.
--
Steve Barker