Subject Author Posted Replies

OT jokers wild for eights straights and flushes
OT I heard this said at a poker game, "jokers wild for eights straights and flushes". What does eights refer to?
3
3

Sears closing 76 more Sears and Kmart stores
Every time they do this, I'm amazed that the one here in NJ doesn't get closed. It's stunning, the parking lot is empty every day, you can wander the store and only run into a couple of shoppers. It's...
4
4

Earths can be dangerous
Heating a few gallons of water.
210
210

OT: Sue Roseanne?
I found her wiki bio very interesting. Really strange life and up-bringing. I liked her early act but candidly had no interest in her other stuff and never watch situation comedies any way. But, this...
26
26

Ping: Uncle Whatver Monster
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 16:33:59 -0500, Muggles wrote in Count me in on that. I like UxxxM.
1
1

OT at least we're not in Moose Jaw !
Warm, humid and unstable air created all the right ingredients needed to fuel the development of a severe thunderstorm near Moose Jaw early Wednesday morning. The severe thunderstorm intensified as it...
1
1

Removing Stuck Shower Handle
I have a Grohe shower unit installed by a previous owner. I want to inspect so I can get a replacement cartridge. I don't know the model number. There are 2 handles which need to be removed: the...
6
6

Rebuilding my Espresso Machine
So, the old reliable Saeco Classico espresso machine finally had a problem, after only 25 years. Over the last year or so, the crema had slowly disap peared. Last week it would barely pull a shot,...
4
4

OT FBI: Reboot your home and office routers
Some links with actual information:
1
1

I dont understand the KVA rating on pole transformers
I agree that seems pretty small. Most of the transformers they set here are 50KVA and that will serve 3 houses, maybe 4. There are places that do more on one transformer but they are generally older...
7
7

OT. Reagan's inaugural speech
from 1/20/81. It's also called his Memorial Day speech. From Hee Haw:

[OT] Memorial Day - USA - 2018
On the nose! Trump has little advice to offer Naval Academy graduates Dr. Daniel Barkhuff In 1969, after having already been held hostage for four years, a graduate of the United States Naval Academy...

"Email updates to me"
When I posted a new topic, I checked "Email updates to me". How do I stop receiving e-mails?
2
2

Path of wires
My garage has: a light-switch next to the door a light-socket next to the door a junction box with a duplex receptacle on the same wall as the door another light-socket over the middle of the garage...
8
8

Hot electrical wires
Charge your phone while wrenching on your Hardley Abelson?
23
23