Subject Author Posted Replies

Otterbox case leaks
I have an Otterbox case on my S5 phone. Somehow water occasionally gets to my phone screen. It happens even if I am not going thru rain. Is there a fix ? I did not see any rubber gasket between...

Fan motor capactitor use.
A ceiling fan is usually a split phase motor with a start capacitor but it is not a very big capacitor since they don't need a lot of torque. The cheapest ones might even have a shaded pole motor and...
12
12

Anyone seen the new Leviton load centers?
Anyone seen any? I wonder if they will catch on? More breakers to carry in the truck...

Remember when they listed the coverage on a can of paint?
Remember when they listed the coverage on a can of paint? It appears they no longer do that. At least not the major brand "Rustoleum" amd some generic paints. I went to a hardware store to buy some...
2
2

sparking a plague of rats,
LOL! The rats are there heat or not.... BRITAIN is set for the hott?est day of the year so far with a sweltering high of 37C (99F) predicted - sparking a plague of rats, toxic air and even a shark...
1
1

Fake News
This is why we don't trust the news, From USA Today Money section. http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Fake%20Harley%20News.jpg

Is it worth getting a Two Stage Furnace for a Pre WWII house with little insulation?
+1 All a two stage furnace does is fire at a high output or low output. The higher output is good because it will get the temp up faster from being setback, when you come home and turn it on, when...
9
9

Bostitch brand nailer will not fire
I have 2 with the same issue. They have no time on them and have been setting up for a long time. They shot a couple of times and stopped. The trigger doesn't do anything. I do notice that the...
3
3

Why are there holes in the prongs on electrical cords?
Although I've seen many without hole.
10
10

Dishwasher doesn't clean dishes
On Mon 23 Jul 2018 01:09:01p, Jack Klompus told us... That kind of idiot.
16
16

PING: GFretwell Load center wire bundling
There was a recent article in Fine Homebuilding regard wiring a load center in which the author used wire ties to organize circuits. Naturally this generated discussion as to whether this was...
7
7

OT/OT? Computer question
I'm like that too. Win7 still has the "activation" junk, but later versions are much worse. I used Ubuntu for a couple of years, then changed to Xubuntu when they put in Unity (which make the desktop...
20
20

Clutch bolts and locktite
Which is best for dropping the transmission? Do you remove the crossmember, the bracket, or just the transmission mount? * Crossmember * Bracket * Mount Also, do you locktite the bolts when you...
37
37

Someone help me please! A/C questions
Blink is not a carefully defined word. You say what you did but don't say what the problem is. Was the fan in the house running? A hint at the problem. How do you know it doesn't work? Did y ou turn...
36
36

Remains of a bar of soap.
Simple answer. Google "dried out bar of soap".
2
2