Subject Author Posted Replies

Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?
56C. You can probably buy the bearings at an auto parts store. The pumps I'm familiar with (Berkeley) have this seal. Replace it. I'd probably just buy a pump of the same horsepower if I was replacing...
115
115

OT. Corn as a legume
... Those are base numbers used for years with the "yield" approach where there was a "yield goal" approach based on a N demand mass balance needed to produce that modified slightly by a yield history...
7
7

Inventions deemed silly and umpossible
Some people just don't see the future.

Looking for a power washer
I made the mistake of washing my driveway one time. Took about 2 days. Using a gas unit with plenty of pressure. The wand cut the crud with no problem,but it was only a path about 4 inches wide....
10
10

OT: PC Case maker bankrupt, closes doors in CA, due to tariffs.
Trade wars are good and easy to win, said the stable genius. 'Our user community has been very devoted to us and it’s awful to think that we have let any of you down'
5
5

What is glowing in the basement?
It might only do it a few days per year when the sun lines up just right and it isn't cloudy that day.
19
19

Difficulty in reinserting IGU into vinyl sash frame
The sash inside cavity has a ribbed seal on both sides; ribbed seal is glued inside the frame. The friction between ribs and new glass is significant. Lubrication does not improve the ease of...

Cleaning paint from eyeglasses
I wanted to remove paint from a spare set of glasses. Goo Gone did a pretty good job. It took about 3 tries with soaking time in between. The paint was the the inverted marking paint. It had been on...
5
5

Some Charmin TP Rolls are Oversize Now?
Or you could just set it on the counter top until enough is used to fit it in the holder. Works for me.
12
12

Sometimes today's young people DO use their brains.
I love it!
3
3

Is Walabot any good?
Hello folks, Is Walabot any better than the studfinders out in the market in finding stuff behind walls? Is it new technology in locating the stuff? I can see that displaying a photo on a smart phone...
2
2

Car Radio AM fades in and out
Recently the AM reception on my 2014 Dodge Caravan has been fading out when passing under overhead electric wires. FM is not a problem. Any ideas why this might be happening and what the solution...
9
9

Windows have no flashing
In a 20 year old house how common is it to find windows were not properly flashed? The Tyvek is simply cut out around the windows. It isn't even taped to the window frames.
1
1

What is the purpose of this automobile microphone
I don't like texting either, but when I text my friend a short question, I get a short answer usually within 3 minutes. Were I to call her, I might well be interrupting her driving, or all kinds of...
15
15

expensive outlet
Using a good outlet with a cheap faceplate is so tacky. Better to use a good faceplate with a cheap outlet, so at least when your friends come over they think you have class.
25
25