Subject Author Posted Replies

Third of farmed fruit and veg deemed 'too ugly to sell'
A lot of that stuff ends up in cans and processed foods so it doesn't all go to waste. There are also people who understand pretty is not always tasty. That is particularly true in citrus. Those...
2
2

not a John Dean-type rat
STumpie says that so-and-so, whose been talking to Mueller for 30 hours, is "not a John Dean-type rat". Of course Nixon could well have thought he was a rat, for talking about the crimes that went on...

Unwarp wood
Is there a way to unwarp a piece of 20 x 20" piece of 1/8" inch thick piece of plywood. I trying wetting one side and weighing it down with weights. Thanks, Andy
16
16

What kind of spider is this that landed on me when I was working in my booster pump shed?
On Sat 18 Aug 2018 10:58:34p, Arlen Holder told us... Given the size of that spider, it could probably carry that snail into its web rather easily.
15
15

OT: Looks like it's intervention time with Elon Musk
He started to go bonkers with that plan to send a mini-sub to get the Thai soccer players out of the cave. A cave with passages so tight, divers had to take their tanks off to get through, he was...

AC situation
Round, like a grain bin. I guess round houses are more energy efficient and resist wind better. I wonder if they'd be approved in Florida. There are actual grain bin houses but they're not all that...
25
25

Powder actuated tools and humidity
  Grrr , I was just down in the cellar trying to shoot some 2x2's to the block wall , and it just ain't happening . I'm using a Hilti gun , uses strip shot in ,27 caliber . 2.5" pins thru the wood...
6
6

Using Pop-Rivets on a roof
I had to patch a metal roof on a trailer house. There was a badly rusted section about 6" area, and there were rust holes all the way thru the metal. I took a 15" X 12" piece of galvanized sheet...
5
5

Nikken 1394 particle counter AQM particle size spec?
We have a lot of wildfires in Oregon and the TV is warning of seriously bad air quality due to smoke. OK, so I took the Nikken 1394 outside. It registers 2000 particles/liter. The scale is yellow...
7
7

OT: Genoa Bridge Collapse and construction
Some stunning pictures there: Search for survivors after Morandi bridge collapses in northwest Italy, killing and injuring dozens as vehicles plunged.
10
10

Sears gas clothes drier
Due to several problems and the fact that it's 20 years old I purchased a new clothes drier. Kind of curious though as what the problem is with the old one. I do my own repairs and this one stumped...
11
11

The "Kitchen Cleanser" nightmare
If you ever used Comet or Ajax Kitchen Cleanser, you're probably aware of the grittiness of that product. I remember that stuff going back to the 1950s. Maybe it was nade before then? Anyhow, I do...
21
21

How To Sharpen a Hatchet
Got a hatchet that could stand some sharpening. Googling and YouTubing shows most every conceivable way to do it. Any real world advice from someone who's done it successfully?
9
9

Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?
56C. You can probably buy the bearings at an auto parts store. The pumps I'm familiar with (Berkeley) have this seal. Replace it. I'd probably just buy a pump of the same horsepower if I was replacing...
115
115