30amp, 220V wiring question

Wise or otherwise (I wouldn't do it if for any other reason than future wiring confusion) all Stormin suggested was to have two grounds instead of one ground with a extra wire dangling free.......what conceivable danger lurks with such a suggestion? Rod
CBH has been the rabid dog of alt hvac for a long time. He jumps to the end of his chain and barks at me regular like. DOWN!!!!
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Urk. The green connection is not neutral, it is ground, and should only ever be connected to the green or bare ground wire in your cable. This comment is probably what red-flagged your posting for the "seek help" response. (Purists might also argue that a "pole" is only a current-carrying terminal, but I'm not so sure about that.)
As others have already posted, the white in your 10-3 cable is superfluous for this outlet and should not be connected to anything in the outlet. However, I agree that it's a fine idea to pull the 10-3 in case you ever want it.
Chip C Toronto