Subject Author Posted Replies

Propane temporarily switching small tanks for big tanks
using it to run a furnace? The faster propane is drawn off the faster the tank contents cool off. Eventually the propane will freeze and no more will be available and the system will 'go out'. When...
20
20

Asphalt in the rain
Hope you haven't paid them yet. If you did, I'd stop the check- assuming, of course, they didn't run directly to your bank and cash it as soon as they got their hands on it...
9
9

OT: It's national cheeseburger day
Check out local burger places, many are offering specials today. Thinking about Red Robbin here.....
13
13

VW AV relay
An old widow friend of mine has an almost mint 2004 passat (Diesel) sedan. She has been having intermittent problems with the AC cutting out for several months andit finally quit completely. Gas was...
2
2

Kewlin' !
  Discovered the problem with the refrigerator , water line to the ice maker came loose and flooded the control board compartment . Ordered the part on Friday the 14th , it arrived in today's mail -...

Balancing the iApple Trade Deficit
President Trump is expected to announce that the United States is moving ahead with tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods, saying on Monday that a trade announcement would be coming after the...

OT Daily small aspirin?
A lot of old timers here - maybe interested in this. The [ast few days have had news reports that daily aspirin doesn't help unless you have a history of heart problems; in fact, may cause health...
20
20

Repair Plastic Storage Tub
Got a big (24x18x14) generic plastic covered storage tub that's got a 2 inch v-shaped crack in the bottom near the edge. I just use it in the garage and my default fix would be duct tape. Better...
9
9

Higher bowl water level
I want to get the bowl level higher temporarily. How can I do that? Thanks.
15
15

more about deaths in PR
Acc to this week's On the Media, the GWU study of deaths in Puerto Rico, which I think is the one discussed that said 3000 deaths, gave similar results to a Harvard U. study, which gave similar...
11
11

Computer keyboard and mouse question
They disappeared over 15 years ago. Is that round connector even for a keyb oard? And unless it's some custom made system, all systems from any manufac turer come with a quick start sheet, color coded...
107
107

rain causes highway closure
If you go to North Carolina on google maps and turn on Traffic, you can see many highways blocked for days to come, because of the rain.

What the hell are these blue things ?
Looks like some kind oif "art installation" at the entrance to Riverside Park (corner of Mclean and central)
14
14

Water Displacement 40
The secret formula has been moved to a new location.

Are chain link screws sharp?
Obviously the poor dog wanted out of its concrete prison cell kennel pretty badly.  Most people don't give a shit but kennels are a bad place to board a pet.
6
6