Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Redwod stain
It also depends on how old the wood is, what condition it's in, what form factor, how large and what kind of stain is under consideration. At one end of the spectrum, if you want to use clear stain,...
4
4

Stucco Question
Guy I know here is facing a $75,000 repair job on his stucco house because window sill seals were not put in right and leaked. Others in his development are having the same problem. Houses are maybe...
6
6

OT. New Army rifle?
Single or four shot.
6
6

Speaking of supermarkets...
On Sun 30 Sep 2018 09:47:45p, micky told us... Yes, two of our chains close at mdnight and turn off their registers as soon as they run balances. Their servers and the couple of computers that they...
1
1

Single handle delta kitchen faucer
I I read that in the directions while installing a similar bathroom faucet. If you are talking about the part the feels like it has a spring under it, and holds the filter onto the faucet, read on....
6
6

OT. Slowest line
I have never seen a store with self serve only. Walmart I mention with them has over a dozen with clerks. Acme up the road renovated and removed them, I think because of difficulty mentioned in...
49
49

Sears shares under $1 each
I can't get that old Queen song "Another One Bits the Dust" outta my head. Sears' stock hits a new all-time low as the department store chain is running out of time to stay afloat.

DC Ammeter 500mA
I posted a month or so ago about fixing up butchered wiring on choke circuit for old JLG 40H manlift -- got it going and on to next step... Have had to replace a couple of the function controllers...
6
6

Should I seal my concrete driveways?
They are 20 years old, and show only some minor cracking. Since there are several hundred feet, I would like to preserve them as long as possible. They are going to be pressure washed soon. Would a...

OT. Jefferson Airplane co founder was 76
Recently, I've watched a few old Dick Cavett shows on youtube - one particular show - post Woodstock - had Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, CS&N music plus chit-chat. A real far-out trip, man .....
8
8

Where can I find replacement pipes like these?
You would never get away with trying to make those bends in hard copper pipe. It has to be tubing. I agree time has moved on and copper pipe may not be the best product these days. If you have the...
15
15

Replacing sill cover on Anderson Narroline double hung window
Hail will break them, because they are vinyl. I didn't see them at the Anderson window parts site. Most dealers don't have a clue, but they can sell you a window.
5
5

glock36
I am not fond of their striker action and a lot of cops have shot themselves in the leg or the foot drawing it with their finger on the trigger. Safety in the trigger is not a real safety when your...
6
6

On topic fluorescent light
Fluorescent lampholder
5
5

Sign post in dry crumbly soil
I need to erect a sign post where I have it all ready but a neighbor said I should use concrete. I was just going to hammer it in by using a step ladder and long handled mallet. Here is a picture of...
10
10