Subject Author Posted Replies

Kohler LPG generator
Has any one put a Kohler lpg home generator in a detached garage, we live off grid on lake Superior
1
1

Ge Profile Fridge not workiing
Yesterday it started making a clicking noise. Click, click, click... about every 2 seconds. The model number is: PSHS6RGXCDSS I did some searches online and it seems like the mother board may be the...
1
1

emergency milk
I buy Saco Mix 'n Drink powdered milk for "emergency supply"; it is $3.99 for 3, one-quart packs at the supermarket I shop. Given it is non-fat, I can't see it being used for ice cream; but, for most...
39
39

Flourescent lights
Will someone please explain overhead fluorescent lights for me. What is a ballast--- or starter or light tube? Sometimes some of them work and sometimes others may work. Are LED lites much better?...
19
19

Why do spinning van roof vents work better?
Why are these fitted instead of just a stationary vent like you see on caravans? I don't see the point in using the wind to power a vent, when the air was already moving. Surely that's like fitting a...
76
76

Using concrete color to tint interior latex paint?
Landlord gave me 10 gallons of a light, neutral, boring latex paint & said I could paint inside of our house with whatever color I wanted, using that paint. So, I want a nice taupe color, which I can...
3
3

Tornado Alley Shifting East
I ran across an article talking about the shifting of Tornado Alley. This particular one is from the Weather Channel. I don't know of anyone here in Nebraska who has an actual tornado shelter. People...

Fitting a Stove UK
Thanks for the response, appreciate it! Did you install your own? I have a chimney but think it needs some TLC before putting it back to use. I've been looking into some so far and have been able to...
18
18

Toilet recall: Exploding flush systems cause dozens of injuries in US
Blame GHW Bush. He is the one who signed the "low flow toilet" law followed by Clinton who made it tougher.
12
12

Humans swallowing tiny plastic particles in their food, study finds
devnull posted for all of us... One word: Fiber
2
2

People who eat organic 25 per cent less likely to get cancer
On 23 Oct 2018, Norman Wells wrote (in article ): In other words, he can?t, and he won?t. In fact he can?t even be bothered to quote a link to an unbiased scientific paper which backs up his own...
8
8

Bias lighting
Does it work? How many of you have it for a TV? Any other info...
1
1

Flourescent light fixture not working
I was sold the wrong kind of tube lights at Home Depot. I asked for help and showed them my 32 watt 4 foot fluorescent tube that was burnt out and the guy sold me a 10 pack of LED tube lights. I tried...
19
19

Two stroke weed whacker primer bulb
So, about six months ago I reported on by success fixing the leaf blower. That had a bad carb and stuck piston ring. So, I finally decided to do the same with the Troy-Bilt convertible weed whacker....
20
20

dehumidifyer failure mode
I've never had much luck with a dehumidifier lasting more than a couple years. Usually they start freezing up, or running but not dehumidifying. This one, just over a year old, is different. It...
7
7