30"Sears mower---mtd blade?

Hi Folks: I`ve got a 12 year old Craftsman 30" Rider.I found a stack(8) of Walmart closeout 30" MTD blades for $1.00 each.My question---problem is how to I convert the mounting on the deck shaft to accept the MTD 3 hole pattern?The Sears have the 1 hole. *I originally planned to have a local machinist shop Bore/Punch them holes-----but he informed me "Not!" These things can explode/shatter he said? Anybody--------? Anyway,what part/parts will I be searching/asking for to make this adaptation fairly painless/cheap? Thanks for ny and all ideas tony
Your going to hire a machinist to salvage $1 blades???
Do it the right way and get the proper blade. Put the Walmart blades on EBAY.
On 23 Jun 2003 11:27:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (antonio) wrote:

If its the rear engine, 13HP Indian head you wont... The blade adaptors for the unit are not even close... Besides, the correct blade from Sears is less than $10..

I would recommend that you not use the wrong blade. They are not so expensive that you should be putting extra holes in them and finding out the hard way that it was a mistake.
However the machinist's comment was odd. Lawnmover blades are rather soft to prevent them from shattering on rocks.