30 Guests in a Hot House

Page 2 of 2
"Fleemo" wrote

Simple. 2 steps.
1. warn them if this isnt a work party where her rep is important and it's all friends. 2. if possible, ask that they bring a few extra floor stand fans (if a work party, invest in a few extras)
You really dont have time to replace AC or get an HVAC person out to check the AC before Sat.
If this is her 'Boss and Office' and she needs to 'look good' for job reasons, get a few floor fans and a possible added window unit or a portable floor standing AC. Otherwise, just tell the friends to dress cool and ask if any have a portable or a loaner floor fan for the event.
Heat tolerance is very relative to what you are used to. I dont bother with AC at 83F. What I am bothered by, is people who think 70F is the right temp so I normally bring a heavy sweater to 'shindigs' because otherwise I'll freeze my butt off!
If you have ceiling fans, be sure they are set to blow the air down (counter clockwise) and turn them on high. Moving air will feel a lot cooler.