3-way switch problem

I have an often-used basement light operated from two switches. After several years the light will not turn on without switching it off and on rapidly several times. Strangely if I slightly touch one of the florescent tubes it will light. Changing the lights was not a fix. I replaced both switches (the illuminated type) and it worked for a week or two. I again replaced both switches and it too failed after a short time. Anyone ever have this problem?

several
several
light.
illuminated
it too

You need new ballasts. May be cheaper just to buy the whole light fixture......
"Red Neckerson" wrote in message

Thank you, I never considered the ballast. I'll pick up a new fixture tomorrow. Lidia